Ravagog

The group emerged from the ground in a quiet, secluded area on the outside of the city by the waterfall. Steam rose from the water in spirals, and while normally Sophie would've thought it was beautiful, the seriousness of their mission and the fact that she was about to storm an ogre prison turned her stomach topsy-turvy. 

"Hey," Fitz murmured, nudging her shoulder. "It'll all work out. Focus on getting the Councillors out without getting caught by the ogres and you should be fine."

Sophie doubted it, but she nodded.

"All right, everyone, Mr. Dizznee has dismantled the lock on the gate," Mr. Forkle said, approaching them. "Let's go."

Fitz took Sophie's hand as they ran forward, and Biana took her other hand. Keefe grabbed Biana's, and they slipped through the gates of the prison.

The group tiptoed through the hallways, following the Collective. No sooner than Sophie had thought that they were going to make it, than they turned a corner and slammed into armed ogre warriors.

After that, Sophie only remembered glimpses. She saw the Collective taken, and Biana, Keefe and Dex as well. 

She felt Fitz fling himself in front of  her and tighten his hold on her hand.

She felt the cold hard floor as she and Fitz were dragged away and shut into a cell.

She remembered collapsing against the wall and breaking into sobs.

She remembered Fitz's tear-streaked face as he comforted her.

They were captives.