Plans pt. 2

A/N: I won't be able to update for a while, as I'll be on a two-week trip overseas. So ... yeah. See you for a while!

--

They appeared right by the swan-coated wall under the lamp. Sophie looked around and then shuddered. "This is so creepy."

"I know, right?" Fitz breathed beside her. It was a dark alleyway, with tall red brick buildings on either side that were clearly empty. 

"You all got here all right, I hope?" A voice said behind them again, making the group jump a foot in the air.

"Stop doing that!" Keefe yelled. "You're going to kill us all of fright or something."

Mr. Forkle chuckled. "Now it's safe to talk about the plan. Keefe, Dex, and Biana will hide and wait. Fitz and Sophie will allow themselves to be caught by the Neverseen."

"What will that accomplish?" Fitz asked. "I mean, other than potentially getting us killed."

"We need to find out what kind of weapons, defenses, and traps the Neverseen have lying open in wait for us."

Keefe rubbed his temples. "I'm feeling a lot of worry, stress, fear, guilt, and about ten other feelings coming from you, Mr. Forkle-guy. But you're determined enough that you won't let us go back home. So I'm in.

"Me too." Sophie chimed in. "I want to help as much as I can."

"Me three." Fitz said, stepping closer to Sophie and putting an arm around her shoulders. Sophie's cheeks burned, and Dex rolled his eyes.

"Me four."

Biana sighed. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but ... I'm with you guys."

"Wonderful!" Mr. Forkle smiled and rubbed his hands together. "I'm going to take you to one of our top-secret hideouts while we stage the revealing of Sophie and Fitz. You'll also need your rest."

"Where is this place exactly?" Fitz asked cautiously.

"Ah, but if I told you that, it wouldn't be a top-secret secret anymore, would it?" Mr. Forkle answered, grinning evilly. "Sophie, I'm going to implant a memory in your brain of a place, and you are to teleport there immediately. Is that clear?"

She nodded, and waited for 145 seconds while the man put the memory in her brain. Sophie sucked in a breath. 

"What is it?" Dex asked eagerly.

"You'll see soon enough." Interrupted Mr. Forkle. "Sophie. Now."

She nodded, took Fitz's and Dex's hand, and then they climbed up onto some old crates, and then jumped into the void for the third time that day.