Mickey

Contains spoilers for Torchwood, Miracle day so be warned. I haven't put up any details but it will still be recognisable for those who have watched it.

------------------------------

Chapter 20 Mickey

------------------------------

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey

...

Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Mickey
Oh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey

~Toni Basil

------------------------------

"Alright," Rose leaned her back against the console and tilted her head up to look at the Doctor, who was busy at the controls. "What's next stop? Take another look at the orphanage?"

"No." The Doctor gave a quick shake of his head. "I was thinking it was better if we went to..." But the Doctor stopped short in his words when the phone rang.

"Hang on." Rose frowned. "Where's that coming from? It's not coming from the door." She glanced at the door in question before frowning yet again and turning to the Doctor. "It's coming from the console." She turned so she was facing the console, doing her best to try and locate the sound.

"Ehm..." The Doctor scratched at the back of his head before taking a few steps to the side, away from her, and opened a hidden compartment on the console. He fished out an old flip-phone and looked at her confused expression with an 'I'm sorry' grin plastered on his face before flipping the phone open and answering it.

If Rose was confused before, it was nothing compared to how she felt now.

"Hello." The Doctor spoke into the phone.

"Doctor!" A frantic female voice was just audible to Rose on the phone.

"Martha?" The Doctor asked, and Rose nearly gasped when she understood who the voice belonged to.

"You've got to come. Something is happening." Martha spoke quickly and rushed, like she was out of breath.

"What, Martha?" The Doctor spoke slowly. "What is happening? Why are you running?"

"We need your help. People have stopped dying and..." The voice was replaced with a series of beep, signalling the call had ended.

"Martha?!" The Doctor hollered into the phone once but then his shoulders slumped with defeat and he closed the mobile with a snap before looking at Rose with a closed off look. "We need to go to her."

"Right." Rose nodded. "What do you need me to do?"

"Grab that lever," He pointed to a lever on the other side on the console. "And pull it when I say. Got it?"

"Got it." She confirmed at took a hold of the lever with one hand, while supporting herself on the console with the other.

"Geronimo!" The Doctor yelled out when he started the flight sequence and signalled for Rose to pull, sending them off on a very bumpy journey.

------------------------------

"Give it a rest, babe." Mickey said tiredly while holding their infant son against his chest and watching his wife pacing in front of the door. "You're wearing a whole on the carpet, an' I've already had to change it once."