Just as they are eating, Mary remembered, "Oh yes, Emily. I almost forgot, here you go." She passed Emily a thick book.

"What's this?" Emily asked while scrutinising at it as if she is observing a rare fossil of some kind.

"Well, as the Princess, you need to pick some people to really work under you. They will be the one who you will be fighting with in the future. Choose wisely though, they will be with you forever. For a start you should pick eight." Mary gave the book a light tap before she continued, "In this book, it contains the information there are insanely stronge espers, mages, summoners, warriors, assassi--"

Emily did not want intercepted her explanation but she did. "Wait, what?! Mages? Espers? Summoners? Aren't those supposed to be in fantasy?"

"Well yeah, to humans on Earth they are supposed to be in fantasy. However, no one said that they don't exist here." Mary grinned playfully, "Almost everyone here possessed a supernatural ability."

Emily had no idea how to respond, because all these things are too much for her to process. "WHAT?!"

"No. Way." She blurted out, partially still in disbelief.

"I know it's hard to take in, so you can take you time. With that being said, you should pick a couple of people to protect you at the very least." Mary replied.

"Protect me? From what?" This time she felt more worried than confused. "Um... Everything?" Mary gave an not-so-assuring answer.

The queen took a napkin and delicately wiped her mouth. "Well, Mary partially right. Since you're back in Fiore, there's no doubt that the news of your arrival will attract many people." She paused and looked at Emily directly in the eye, "Some of them might even hunt you down and capture you, for their own benefits."

Emily was stunned. "Well... Maybe being the Princess of this place isn't such a great idea."

"You don't have to worry, this is why we want you to pick a couple of people to protect you temporarily, until you know how to protect yourself. Afterwards, they will just be your comrades who you will be fighting with." The queen assured with a smile.

Learning how to protect herself? As in, learning how to be in combat? The last time she checked, she didn't have any talent for that. Also, supernatural abilities? What? The only ability she has is to scare other away using her 'supernatural' and 'ever-so-majestic' black hair.

"Erm... I don't think I have any talent for that kind of stuff. So, I think I'm not up for the task." Emily said with her head hanging slightly.

There was a few seconds of silence before it was broken by Lavi's loud burp. "Ah, that was satisfying." He said to himself before speaking directly to Emily. "What are you talking about? Remember yesterday when I told you only 'special' people can see that translucent wall? I wasn't lying, that is a invisible barrier. It's placed around the headquarters so that it will be invisible to humans. This is also why there weren't any news on that huge ass building, even though it was clearly right there. Since you can see it, this means that you're probably not a human being. To back that up, both his and her majesty possessed supernatural abilities that are known to be ridiculously strong. So, there's no doubt that you will have an ability of some sort. We just don't know what is it yet, don't give up that easily."

That surprised Emily, she didn't know how Lavi could motivate someone like that. After hearing that, she felt like her mood has lighten up. "Thanks, Lavi."

Upon hearing that, his lips curved up to form a grin, "Don't mention it."

"Alright then, I just need to pick eight people, right?" Emily asked to clarify.

Mary replied with a nod.

"Okay, can I pick people whom are not in this book?" Emily asked again.

"Well, you can do that. This book just have people we recommend." The queen answered her question while retaining her gentle smile.

"Then I've decided." She proclaimed with a satisfied smile as she gently pushed the book away, "I'll pick Jai, Anna, Beck, Ben, Mary, Ethan and Lavi."

Everyone at the table looked at her as if she's speaking gibberish. "That's seven, right? Well, as for the last one..." She tapped her chin with one of her fingers repeatedly before coming to a conclusion.

At this moment, she remembered a particular someone.

"Yukiko."