45 | family dinner

Start from the beginning

I sat in the passenger seat of Lewis' car, Oliver in the back and Lewis in the driver's seat (obviously). I turned on the radio and Power featuring Stormzy, the last single we released before taking a break, came on. I sang along quietly, tapping my fingers along to the beat.

"I've missed hearing you sing to yourself," Lewis mumbled.

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah... Well, I've missed you in general." He told me.

"In case you didn't know, mummy, that means he loves you." Oliver interrupted.

"Oliver, shush!" Lewis told him, going as red as a cherry tomato.

"Aww is little Lewis blushing," I joked, pinching his cheeks which made him smile that beautiful white smile I love.

I decided to post a picture of us to Instagram (a/n: I know this picture is with Freya but just imagine its Charlie and not Freya).

realcalfreezy, freyanightingale, geenelson and 527,984 others liked.

charlieairey: Family night with Oli and his dad _redmann 💚 also serious video with miniminter in a couple of days so look out for that...👀
geenelson: Cuties x
freyanightingale: Two of my favourite people ❤
fan1: Are they back together or something?
fan2: @/fan1 Simon and Charlie are married, it takes ages to file for a divorce and she wouldn't move on that quickly from her 7/8 year relationship with him.
izzyyyredman: OMG CUTEEE 👸🙈
realcalfreezy: How can two people be so cute?
fan1: @/fan2 look at all the comments though. Maybe they are back together?🤗😍

We pulled into the restaurant car park and walked inside after getting out of the car. We all had sunglasses on to disguise ourselves from the paparazzi but a couple were already outside. Lewis grabbed on to our hands.

"Charlotte, are you divorcing Simon?" One yelled.

"No comment," I said, covering my face with my hand as we all pushed past them.

"Is Lewis Oliver's dad?" Another shouted, the camera right up in my face.

"Personal space, bro," Lewis said, pushing him away slightly and letting Oliver and I run into the restaurant, him closely following. "Reservation for Redman," Lewis said to the waiter.

"Would you like a table in the back to get away from those pesky paps?" He offered, causing us to nod.

He took us into the back, taking our drink orders then went out to go and get them. "That was crazy!" I said, taking off my sunglasses.

***

Lewis carried Oliver up the stairs who was fast asleep. It was 11:30, way past his bedtime so I wasn't surprised he fell asleep. Lewis also lived at the Sidemen house now - and it had just enough rooms for all of us and a spare bedroom, which obviously I would be taking tonight. I took my shoes off, leaving them at the bottom of the stairs and then followed Lewis upstairs. Simon saw us as we both went into Oliver's room and he lightly grabbed me, pulling me aside.

"I've done your room. I moved all your drawers into there and set it up and everything. Also, I know you like Lewis," he whispered Lewis so he didn't hear. I looked down feeling guilty. "but hey, it's okay don't worry. I don't think I was a hundred percent ready to move forward with our lives. I just want you to be happy and you were happy with him. Just not the cheating part..."

I smiled up at him. "Thank you."

I gave him a quick hug and then went into Oliver's room to see Lewis helping him get dressed as he was still half asleep. I helped him and then I tucked Oliver into bed. I kissed him on the forehead to which he wiped off, then snuggled further into bed. "Nanite Oli," I smiled. Lewis and I walked out of the room after turning the light out. I went into my room to change into something more comfortable, Lewis changing in his room too. I took my makeup off and took my hair down. I left it as it was wavy after shaking it out. I then put on a grey Calvin Klein bra, grey Calvin Klein underwear and grey Nike joggers.

 I then put on a grey Calvin Klein bra, grey Calvin Klein underwear and grey Nike joggers

I walked out of my room at the same time as Lewis walked out of his. We walked downstairs together as we were both wide awake. Simon and JJ had both gone out so it was just Vik, Josh, Freya, Oli, Lewis and I. Lewis and I went outside and laid on the grass, looking up at the stars.

A perfect way to end the perfect night.