I swear my jaw hit the ground because standing behind me was the one and only Anthony Connolly. "you, you're...wow, I freaking love your work," I stuttered out. I heard Emerald chuckle behind me as she shook Mr. Connolly hand. "It's an honor to meet you Mr. Connolly," I said as I shook his outstretched hand. He laughed, "Oh please, call me Anthony, Mr. Connolly is my dad," he said as he motioned for us to follow him. 'So this is the studio, we will be using' he was about to continue talking but I cut him off. "Wait, did you say we as in you and me," I ask as I felt my nerves beginning to build up. "Yes, your friend here informed me of this school project your suppose to be working on and how you've run into a huge case of artist block and I've found the best way to overcome it is to just paint. Pick a subject and paint don't think about the criteria just let it flow," he said as he handed me a canvas. I nodded and motioned towards his speakers, he nodded and I connected my phone and turn to my painting playlist. Shawn Mendes, 'There's Nothing Holding Me Back' began to play throughout the room. "So have you picked your muse," Anthony asked as I began to scan the room. I spot Emerald squatting down, grabbing my paint brush carrying case out of her backpack.

'Emerald' I shouted as she jumped. I chuckled as I grabbed the bag from her and told her to stay put. 'Seriously, babe,' she complained as I pushed some of her curls out of her face. I smiled at her before saying, "Yes Em, I think I've found my muse." I winked at her as I began to add various colors to my palette. As the music filled the air and I began to outline Emerald, Anthony and I began to talk. 'So, why art?' I chuckled because this was the typical question that every artist is asked. 'Honestly, art to me is like a polysemy. Each picture, Each photo, Each sculpture, can have many meanings. Like take for example, that picture in the corner of the dying rose. To some its literally a dying rose, to others it could symbolize the lost of something, life, a toy, literally anything, but to me its the sign of rebirth. Some would see the small speck of light shinning on the rose as nothing, but to me its giving the rose the strength it needs to grow. To reemerge into its former self. So that's why art. Art is a universal language that can be interpreted into anything. Art can be anything and it's a way to speak to someone no matter their background," I said as I began to paint Emeralds hair.

Anthony smiled at me and continued to critique my work. After about an hour and a half and countless complaints from Emerald I was done. We all ordered some pizza and wings as we talked and waited for my painting to dry. After about another hour we were ready to go."Jesus, I swear I still can't feel my legs," Emerald said as she walked over to look at the canvas.

'Wow, babe, that's amazing,' she said as she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

'Wow, babe, that's amazing,' she said as she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. "She's right Ivy, you're extremely talented. I would love to look at your portfolio," Anthony said as he admired my work. "Seriously, that would be amazing," I said as he handed me his business card. I grabbed my painting, thanked Anthony again and promised to visit again with my portfolio. We headed to the car and as usual Emerald opened my door for me and placed my painting in the back seat.