Twelve.

a/n: i am trying so hard to get this book finished before i go back to school, which is in almost two weeks, but this week i'm going down the shore for vacation. wish me luck.

tyler's pov

weeks had gone by since matty was arrested. matty received ten years in prison for not only rape but abuse. i have also placed a restraining order on matty so that he can't come within one hundred feet of me ever again and if he does then he goes back to jail or gets a house arrest for a long time.

(a/n: i did my research and hopefully it's not wrong^)

even though matty is far away in prison i still have nightmares about what happened. i can't get the thought of him raping and and abusing me out of my head.

i wanted, no, needed to get away from columbus ohio for a while. i figured staying with my parents in toledo wouldn't be such a bad idea, so i decided to call my mom and dad.

i picked up my phone and looked through my contacts for my parents. once i found their number i pressed the call button and held the phone to my ear. after three rings i heard a loving voice on the other end.

"hello!" i heard my mother, kelly, say.

"hey mom!" i said back.

"how have you been, tyler, since the whole matty thing?" she asked, knowing it was a touchy subject.

"i've been okay, i'm still having those nightmares though. it's been really hard to think positive." i answered my mom honestly.

"i'm sorry, honey. it will get better soon. maybe you should see a professional? maybe they can help you stop thinking about what happened and maybe even put you on a medication to help you stay asleep and to help with the nightmares." kelly suggested.

"i was thinking about that. i might do it." i told my mother. "anyway, so i was calling to tell you i really wanted to get out of columbus for a while. i was thinking since you and dad have an extra room, i could come visit you two for a while. i could even help you get settled, since you just moved."

"ah! yes, tyler you know you're welcome here anytime! ill tell your father!" she exclaimed in excitement. "when do you plan on leaving?"

"well i was thinking i could leave tomorrow afternoon around 2pm and get there around 5pm or so since it takes about two and a half hours to get there plus rest stops and gas and stuff. is that okay?"

"yes, of course, sweetheart! we can not wait to see you!"

"i can't wait to see you guys too. love you." i said happily.

"love you too, ty!" and with that we both hang up.

i figured since i see josh all the time i should probably let him know i won't be home for a week or so. i made my way over to josh's house. i knocked on the door three times before a sweaty, shirtless josh opened the door.

"hey ty!" josh smiled. "i would hug you but i'm really sweaty from playing my drums for a while!" he laughed that beautiful laugh.

"it's okay, josh. can i come in?" i smiled.

"yeah of course!" josh replied.

i took a seat on the couch before josh did as well. "so uh, i don't wanna be in columbus right now so i'm going to visit my parents for a while in toledo. they just recently moved out of dublin, ohio to toledo, ohio so i'm going to help them get settled in, plus i need some time away from my own house."

"oh." was all josh said. i could tell he was sad but i needed this time away. "well, please be safe?"

"i will." i gave josh a reassuring smile. "i'm not leavin until tomorrow so i was wondering if we could hang out tonight?"

"definitely! how does dinner sound?" josh asked.

"dinner sounds great, josh. ill go home and get ready and we can leave around six?"

"perfect. it's a date."

-

-m🖤

6.26.17

word count: 703 words