One.

tylers pov

as i sat there watching the new season of orange is the new black, i heard something outside. despite the fresh bruises and cuts that covered my body, i carefully got up off of the couch. limping over to the window, I quietly opened the blinds to take a peek at what was going on outside.

my eyes went wide as I saw the skinny, red-haired boy lifting boxes out of his car. the house next door had only been for sale for about two months. it only being mid june, the boy was only wearing nike shorts and no shirt.

now, im not saying that the boy was cute or anything but god damn this man was sexy. if i said that out loud though, i don't even want to think about the shit my boyfriend, matty, would do to me.

i made a mental note to go over there some time and introduce myself, that is if matty will let me. i walked away from the window, carefully fixing the blinds to make sure matty wouldn't notice. he told me to stay in the tv room until he got back, so that's why im catching up on orange is the new black. i limped back over to the couch and played episode nine. my eyes started to close without me noticing. i fell asleep soundly.

that small nap didn't last long, i woke up to the sound of the door slamming. matty. the tv was playing orange is the new black silently in the background as matty walked towards the kitchen, most likely to grab a beer from the fridge.

i got up leisurely and walked over to the kitchen trying not to bother matty too much when the floor made a creaking sound or the air conditioning turned on or pretty much anything else. i was only a few steps from passing the kitchen when i heard him yell for me.

"slut, get in here." matty yelled at the top of his lungs. i turned to face the kitchen, making eye contact with him as he looked at me with complete anger and disgust.

"yes, matty?" i asked looking down, trying not to upset him even more.

"were you the dumbass who spilled water all over the floor?" he said as he pointed to the hardwood floor that had a few drops of water on it from me doing the dishes earlier.

"yes, but it's only from when i did the dishes. im sorry."

"oh, im sorry, who are you talking to? because i didn't hear you address me by my name." he yelled.

"im sorry, matty. please, forgive me." i begged.

"dumb shit. clean this up, now." he said as he walked by me. before walking out, he pushed me down. my knees hit the hardwood floor and i felt the cuts open again. i grabbed a paper towel and wiped the water off of the floor.

getting up off my knees, i looked out to see matty distracted by his tv show so i took the opportunity to go into my room, hopefully being able to go to sleep for the night.

-

m.

6.17.17

word count: 536 words