Eight.

tyler's pov

matty and i were pulling in my parents driveway. it was seven pm and time to have dinner with them like i promised we would. i was praying that my parents wouldn't ask us if we wanted a drink because i know how matty gets when he drinks but they don't.

we walked up to the door and knocked twice.

"matty please be on your best behavior. these are my parents." i said

"shut up, slut. ill do what i want." matty said before my mother opened the door.

"matty! ty! we've missed you guys!" my mother, kelly, yelled.

"missed you too, kelly. how are you lately?" matty asked, pretending to be innocent.

"i'm good, you?" my mother said.

i stopped listening to their conversation and started worrying about other things. what if he started drinking? what if he says something? what if he gets too drunk and hits me? what if my makeup comes off? these 'what if' questions crowded my mind and i couldn't think of anything else.

"baby?" i heard matty say. "ty?" he tapped my leg.

"uh, yeah. sorry, what?" i forced myself to pay attention to what they were saying instead of paying attention to what i was thinking.

"are you okay?" my mother asked me.

"yeah, i just have to go to the bathroom."

my mom nodded along with matty and they continued talking. i was thinking about calling josh, but then i realized i would talk too loud because the bathroom echos. i decided to just text josh.

tyler: hey josh.

he answered fairly quickly, thank god.

josh: hey ty. wyd?

tyler: i'm at my parents house with matty.

josh: that sounds like fun.

i started typing something along the lines of "not when your parents have a whole fridge full of beers and your boyfriend is a drunk." but then i erased it all and just typed something else.

tyler: eh. i think i'd rather be hanging out with you. this isn't fun.

josh: let's hang out again tomorrow.

tyler: okay! but for now i have to go because it's time to eat.

josh: okay bye!

tyler: bye

i washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom, sighing. i continued to hear my parents talking to matty. i sat back on the couch and no one noticed.

after a few minutes, the timer in the kitchen started going off, which meant my mothers "famous" spaghetti and meatballs was done. this was by far one of her favorite meals to cook and one of my dads favorites to eat.

we all got up from the couch and sat at the table in the dining room as my mother served the dishes. we all started eating while sharing casual, conversation.

"oh! i forgot drinks." my mother said, interrupting my father, chris, during his sentence. "i'm so sorry about that! what do you want, sweetheart?" she asked me.

"water is fine, thank you."

"how 'bout you, matty?" my mom asked him.

oh god no, please no. "if you have any beer or wine that would be great!" he said.

"of course, is samuel adams summer ale okay?"

"yes, that sounds great. thank you." matty said.

"do you want the same thing, chris?"

my dad nodded his head, took a bite of his spaghetti and continued on with his sentence. they talked for a while longer.

when we were about to leave i realized how many empty beer bottles were in the trash, six beers. i know my dad only had two, so that means matty had four. shit, i'm gonna get it tonight. i shook my head in sadness.

soon after i said goodbye to my mother and father and took matty out to the car. i drove home instead of matty since he had so many beers and i really wasn't in the mood to get pulled over tonight.

-

-m🥀

6.6.17

word count: 654 words