Six.

tyler's pov

i woke up on the hard wood floor in the kitchen. matty had gone to work, i guess.

i went into the bathroom and cleaned up the cuts from when matty threw a beer bottle at me. i wiped it with peroxide then put a large bandaid on it. 

opening the cabinet to put the peroxide and bandaids back, i saw my antidepressants once again. i stopped taking them when i moved in with matty about a year ago but i always kept them. i opened the container and popped one in my mouth swallowing it dry.

i looked at myself in the mirror. drained was the only word that came to mind when i saw my red, puffy eyes that had been crying the night before.

i walked out of the bathroom and into my room to grab my phone. i sat on the bed and turned it on.

1 missed call from mom
1 new message from mom
2 new messages from josh

i checked the message from my mom first since she called and texted me.

mom: hey, tyler. your father and i haven't seen you or matty in a while so we wanted to know if you guys would come over for dinner tonight? let us know. love you, xo.

i texted back a quick reply.

tyler: hey mom. that sounds good, just let me run it by matty and i'll get back to you. i love you too.

shortly after i went into my contacts to find mattys number. i called it and waited about three rings before matty answered.

"hello?" matty said sternly, not knowing it was me.

"h-hey matty. it's tyler."

he groaned, "what do you want, ty?"

"well my parents wanna know if you wanna come over for dinner?"

"sure, i guess." matty said.

"okay. see you after work. i lov-" i heard the phone hang up, so i hung up as well. i sighed, laying back on the bed.

after laying down for a few minutes i realized i had absolutely nothing to do until later. thankfully, i checked the messages josh had sent me.

josh: hey ty!
josh: oh, oops. i didn't mean to send that without finishing. anyway, do you wanna go to the store with me later today? i have to dye my hair again. i wanted you to help me pick out a color and help me dye it.

tyler: oh my god! you're dyeing it again? what color do you think you want?

josh: i'm not sure yet. that's what i need you for, silly. is one o'clock okay for you?

tyler: yeah, that sounds great.

-

m🖤

7.2.17

word count: 449 words