Chapter Nineteen - The Northern Air Temple

Start from the beginning

(Brief A/N: Don't worry, guys, it's a Zuko fan fiction, she just needs more time ;)

...not just staring at him like they were ten-year-old children. But Aang couldn't forget that. He was eleven years old back then, difficult for that age to forget your sister ready to kiss a boy...

"Do you know what you did? You just destroyed something sacred, for a stupid bathhouse!" Aang shouted angrily.

"Well, people around here have started to stink," The old man said.

"This whole place stinks!" Aang shouted frustrated. He left a big cry of anger shooting one of the contraptions down the cliff with his air bending.

Iris would have normally stopped him, but Aang was right, people had no right destroying something highly sacred to a civilization that was nearly extinct. "This is a sacred Temple, you can't treat it like this!" she said exasperated.

"We've seen in when the Monks were here, we know how it's supposed to be like!" Aang exclaimed angrily.

"The Monks? But you're twelve, and you're nineteen," The old man said kneading his moustache finding it difficult to understand.

"Dad, he's the Avatar, and his sister is the Defender, they used to come here a hundred years ago!" Teo said excitedly.

"What are you doing? Who said you can be here?!" Aang demanded.

"Hmm, doing here?" The old man said and he turned around looking sadly "A long time ago, but, not a hundred years, my people became refugees after a terrible attack. My infant son, Teo, was badly hurt and lost his mother..." he paused sniffing and he continued "I needed somewhere to rebuild, and I stabled across this place. I couldn't believe it, everywhere pictures of flying people but empty, nobody, home, then I came across this fan-like contraptions,"

"Our gliders," Iris said casting the man a deadly look.

"Yes, little light, flying machines, they gave me an idea, to build a new life for my son, in the air where everyone would be on equal ground. So to speak, we're just in the process of improving up what's already here, and after all, isn't that what nature does?" He asked.

Sokka and Katara were both in tears hearing the sob story. Iris and Aang looked at each other not knowing what to do and say. "Nature knows where to stop," Iris said taking a step further.

"I suppose that's true. Unfortunately, progress has a way of getting away from us;" The old man said and then he turned over and looked at the three candles that lit on a table "Look at the time!"

Sokka wouldn't miss the chance to ask about it, but Iris didn't pay much attention and she looked over at her brother. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"Are you?" Aang asked angrily. Although his anger was well hidden from the others, it was easily visible from her.

She huffed "No,"

"Hey, Aang, Iris, I want to show you something," Teo said from beside. They all started walking at a dark corridor deep within the tower.

"I just can't get over it, there's not a single thing that's the same!" Aang protested.

"I don't know about that, the temple might be different, but the creatures that live here, are probably direct descendents of the ones that lived a hundred years ago," Teo said giving Katara one of the insect.

"You're right, they're kind of keepers, of the temple's origins," she said and she handed it over to Aang.

"Besides, there's one part of the Temple that hasn't changed at all," Teo said.