Chapter Nineteen - The Northern Air Temple

Mulai dari awal

"I don't know, Aang, that kid seemed pretty spirited," Katara said pointing at him.

"Common, bro, let's show them how real flying is," Iris said landing beside her brother on Appa's head.

She jumped down on Appa and she started flying. Aang smirked, he always loved making show-off. He opened his glider and he jumped from Appa flying along with his sister.

The boy noticed another two flying and the one without a glider. He flew towards her and he said: "Hey, you're a real air bender!"

"Me and my brother used to come here a hundred years ago," Iris said as the three of them flew in the same line.

"That's amazing, you must be the Avatar!" The boy said excitedly looking at Aang "Let's land," he said and they all flew towards the temple landing on the courtyard where many other people were waiting. Sokka and Katara had just landed Appa and they came walking towards them

"And you must be the Defender, this is amazing, I've heard stories about you two!" The boy said excitedly.

Aang and Iris felt both flattered. "Thanks, kid," Iris said.

"Wow, this glider-chair is incredible!" Sokka said and he walked towards it.

"You think this is good, wait until you see the other stuff my dad designed," Teo said and he moved the wheels of his wheel chair, to move.

The main room of the Temple was filled with metallic pipes all over and strange contraptions. But it was dark... dark and dirty. Nothing like it was a hundred years ago. They couldn't believe how much had changed, and if they could even get used to that. Iris wasn't expecting to see something better. She had seen a lot worse, but the rage that fueled in her heart, watching the history of her people that was painted on the wall, nearly destroyed and covered from the contraptions.

She finally came face to face with the statue of the Head Monk of the Northern Air Temple. He was the oldest of all, and a very kind man...

...And the Golden pot of the winner team, of the Championship of the Sky Bison Polo, goes to..." The Old Monk announced, pausing the last words making them all wait anxiously "...Iris of the Western Air Temple!"

She nearly shouted in excitement. The Western Air Temple Team started cheering her name happily winning the pot of the year. They picked her up altogether and they carried her to the old Monk who would hand over to her the Golden pot.

This was by far, the happiest day of her life. All the air benders of all the Air Temples were there for the final encounter and everyone was so excited and anxious to see the winner or win. The Westerners could never have believed that they would take the pot that year. There was only one pot on which they would carve the name of the winner and it would remain on the Northern Air Temple.

She nearly fell off the hands of her teammates. She left a small cry of alarm knowing that she would be falling down, but when she realized that she had actually landed on Gershwin's hands.

They stared at each other for a small moment. All the other air benders' cries of happiness, seemed to be fading away, any kind of sounds were difficult to be caught by their ears, as long as they stared at each other.

"Iris!" she heard a familiar voice coming from behind. Only then Gershwin released her on the ground and allowed her to run towards her brother.

"Aang!" she exclaimed happily and she ran towards her brother wrapping him in a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you, sis!"

She smiled at the memory. How much she missed she could live it again. If she knew what she had learned, back then, she would have certainly kissed Gershwin...