epilog

Sana's Eid Party

"Everyone is so happy

"Everyone is so happy." Sana said next to me and I squeezed her hand with mine before letting it fall back down at my side. "Vilde and Magnus, Noora and William, Chris, Eva, Jonas and you, Mahdi, my brother and the boys, Isak and Even, P-Chris, Eskild, Linn, they're all so happy because finally all is well. And that makes me so happy."

"And that you're happy, makes me so happy." I grinned at her and she slightly elbowed me.

"I'm serious."

"I am too." I teased her, before smiling again. "Did you talk to Yousef yet?"

"Ja, we're texting a lot." My friend blushed and I smiled.

"That's good." I let my gaze travel over all the happy teeangers in Sana's garden until it rested on my favourite. "I'm going to go talk to some other people now, ja?"

"Ja, sure,  I'll get myself some more food." Sana nodded. "A lot, actually."

I laughed at her and walked towards a small group of people.

"Hei."

"Hei, du." Jonas wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. "Magnus just said that we actually need to have a double date with him and Vilde since we're all such good friends."

Magnus nodded excitedly, Vilde quietly grimaced at me and Mahdi, Mutta and Adam chuckled.

"Herregud, nei." I shook my head vehemently, causing all of them to laugh. "If they find out what we call 'dates', they'll think of us as terribly boring."

"Is laying in bed and stuffing your faces with junk food not a good date?" Jonas joked.

"I don't think that's really date-goals." Mutta said and shrugged, a grin still prominent on his face.

"That depends on how you define date-goals." Mahdi pointed out.

I nodded. "I think we're date-goals. However, more like lazy date-goals, not cute date-goals."

"How can I have a nice date without any effort?" Jonas grinned. "That's our motto."

"If it works for you." Magnus laughed and smiled down at Vilde.

"Jonas?" Noora's voice interrupted him and my boyfriend turned his head towards her. "Will you hold the speech? Don't worry, I've already written it out for you." She waved a white sheet of paper around in front of his face. "I just feel like you have the strongest and clearest voice."

"Are you hitting on my boyfriend?" I mused and acted offended.

"All day, everyday." Noora poked her tongue out at me and Jonas chuckled.

"Sure." He shrugged and grabbed the paper. "When do I have to hold it?"

"Now." Noora sheepishly responded as Isak hit a spoon against a class repeatedly. "William placed a chair back there so you can stand on it whilst reading out the speech."

Jonas nodded, pecked my lips and made his way to the back of the garden.

The rest of the guests were already standing in a little group behind Sana who was facing Jonas and the chair.

I stepped next to her and put my arms around her shoulders. She smiled at me and focused her attention back to the boy on the chair when he started speaking.

"This is not really my speech." He started and shrugged. "Noora wrote it."

"And Isak." Noora spoke up, pointing towards the blonde boy. "And William a little."

Jonas shrugged again. "Anyways, I was asked to read it out for everyone." He cleared his throat.

"Kjære Sana, ..."