s e k s

The sun was too bright and blinded me as I opened my eyes

The sun was too bright and blinded me as I opened my eyes. I groaned at the pounding in my head and a slight feeling of nausea stirred in my stomach. I took a few deep breaths to settle the turmoil in my tummy before trying to sit up.
The room I was in, didn't seem familiar. I shielded my eyes with one hand against the cruel sunlight and tried to make sense of my surroundings. My vision was blurry and I cursed the fact that I was a person to wear contact lenses. I rubbed at my eyes for them to appear.
Sometimes these bastards slipped below or above my eyeball whilst I was napping. Since I hadn't really thought about taking them out last night, I supposed them to have done the same. After a few seconds of rubbing I had them both in my hands. They felt drier than a desert but I'd have to put them back in. Otherwise I would be as blind as a fish for today. It hurt to place them back on my eyeball and I had to blink a few times to get my eyes to be comfortable with the lenses again. Luckily, I hadn't lost one during the night.
The room I could now see clearly, had posters of rappers on the walls and a few skateboards in the corner. A beanie was thrown on the ground next to the bed.
It had to be Jonas' room considering the obvious signs and the fact that he was still soundly sleeping next to me.
I sighed and laid back down on the bed to stop my head from spinning. My brain felt fuzzy as I tried to remember last night.
My hair had been waving behind us like a drape as Jonas and me had made our way through the streets of Oslo on his bike. We had been struggling with balancing us both on it whilst giggling like the drunk teenagers we had been.
Our first stop after the party (from which I had sneaked about three bottles of cheap red wine whilst Jonas had tried to open the lock on his bike) had been the top of the hill close to our current location. We had leaned against the bike which was supported by the trunk of a big tree, trying to keep ourselves warm by gulping down the wine. An hour and a few minutes later we had been dead drunk and slithering downhill into the city centre. Oslo hadn't been too busy yesterday night since it really was freezing cold and supposedly close to a smaller snow storm. Jonas and me hadn't cared about the fact that we could soon be stuck somewhere forced to brave the cold with nothing but our winter jackets though. We had been cheering and laughing whilst trying not to fall over. I remembered clinging onto Jonas for dear life.
The next stop had been some sketchy bar in the city centre. The guys inside had given us crazy looks as we had stumbled inside and tried to find a toilet. I had had to pee after all this wine and Jonas had been happy enough to warm himself up for a few minutes. When I had come back from the toilet, he had done shots with some shady looking dudes in Football shirts. As stupid and drunk as I was, I had joined in, even though I really couldn't handle hard liquor. By then our alcohol pensum had stood by one and a half bottles of red wine each, seven shots on Jonas' part and four on mine. Plus 270 Kroner that Jonas had won in some sort of a drinking game during my time in the bathroom. We had left the bar with another two bottles of beer sponsored by the very nice bar lady. Jonas then had had to throw up against a tree before we could jump on his bike again.
Next up had been some boy's homewarming party. I knew him through my brother and though we had never spoken before, I had greeted him like an old friend.
I hissed at the memory. How fucking embarrassing.
Jonas and me had done some more shots, I had thrown up in a guest bathroom and we had left with another stolen and half empty bottle of wine.
After that we had decided that we both needed some food before we would die from alcohol poisoning. We had staggered into McDonald's, eaten a burger, some fries and chicken nuggets each and shared the new wine generously.
After that, the night was a blur.
I didn't even know what I was most embarrassed about. The fact that I had acted like an idiot in front of my brother's friend or the fact that I had had a total rave last night.
I didn't think I'd ever been this drunk. Fy fæn, I couldn't even remember what had happened after we had been at McDonald's.
I knew Jonas and me hadn't had sex though. We were both still in the same clothes we had worn yesterday. We must have just fallen into bed drunkenly.
I tried to find my phone under the covers with one hand. It was stuck under my left thigh. Sighing I unlocked it.
There were tons of messages from my friends and some from my brothers and my dad.