n i

"Hallå, girls

"Hallå, girls." Sana's Mom greeted us from the dining table in the kitchen. "I hope you don't mind Elias and his friend joining us too. They've been working so hard on the kids' toys for Yousef's kindergarten, they deserve some good dinner."

"I bet they have." I muttered sarcastically in Sana's direction.

She didn't answer and just stared at the doorway.

"Can I help you set the table?" I asked Sana's Mom whilst ignoring my friend's behaviour.

She nodded, smiling at me, and I went to grab the plates.
A few minutes later the table was set and the food done.

"Elias!" Sana's Mom yelled into the living room and the two boys sauntered into the kitchen.

"This is Yousef." Elias said and grinned, sitting down opposite of me at the table.

I greeted his friend and noticed the slight blush that appeared on Sana's cheeks. She obviously already knew him.
He was tall and handsome and threw us all a boyish smile, his black hair tucked under a cap.

"Take a seat and dig in, guys." Sana's Mom said. "I'll the there in a second, I just have to make a quick phone call." She left the kitchen after giving her son a warning glance.

"So, did you study effectively?" Elias smirked at me whilst I was loading my plate with rice

"Did you work effectively?" I echoed him and looked at Yousef. "I'm Lilly, by the way."

Yousef grinned at his friend. "I know."

Elias just shook his head and grabbed the spoon I had previously used on the rice.
Sana stayed silent causing me to look at her in wonder. She was staring at Yousef.

"We indeed studied." I spoke up again to prevent the conversation from turning awkward. "Didn't we, Sana?"

Sana snapped out of her trance and glared at her brother who was shoving the vegetable rice into his mouth like he had been starving. "We did. Until you stormed into the room."

Elias made a gurgling noise, his mouth full of food.

"Very Attractive." Yousef muttered and I laughed at his words.

Sana's brother rolled his eyes, swallowing the load that was keeping him from talking. "It didn't seem like you were studying. It seemed like you were gossiping about something."

"Uh, nei, Elias, we never gossip." I gasped in fake outrage.

Sana just scoffed. "As if you ever really worked or studied. Yesterday, you guys were throwing a pair of socks into a lampshade to Snoop Dogg's 'Smoke weed everyday'."

I choked on the spoon full of rice I had just stuck into my mouth. Sana grinned at me when I started coughing, reaching for my glass of water.

"That's what I call productive." I wheezed after calming myself.