t r e t t i s j u

"Take a left here

"Take a left here." Jonas' eyes were glued to his phone as he was trying to find out where the road we were currently driving on, was taking us. 

"Here?" I slowed down the car a little and glanced to my left. "That's a hiking trail to the beach."

"Fæn."

I chuckled slightly and pulled over on the side of the road. Turning off the engine, I hopped out and stretched out my legs, walking to the front of the car.
We had been driving for three hours and were now somewhere between Porsgrunn and Kristiansand. Since we had stuck to smaller roads to avoid the crowds going away over the holidays we had ended up on a windy coastal route with almost no cars on it besides us.
However, the view was beautiful. The sea was angry and stormy since it had been raining over night and it was still slightly drizzling. 
Jonas cursed again and got out of the car, moving towards me.
I smiled, seeing his scrunched up face and leaned against the side of the car.

"We're lost." He announced and furiously tapped onto his phone screen. "My phone is dead." He sighed and mirrored my position next to me.

"Then this is an adventure now." I grinned at him, crossing my arms in front of my chest and looked out onto the water.

Jonas' arm snaked around my shoulders and he pulled me closer, pressing a kiss to my temple. "I propose, we drive as far as you want to drive, making some stops here and there to enjoy the view and see how far we'll get until later today and then we find a place to park and sleep for the night. Deal?"

"Deal." I hummed, resting my head against his shoulder.

There were a few minutes of silence between us before Jonas spoke up again. "I love how quiet and peaceful it is out here." He said, his arm still around my shoulders. "The city's always so hectic."

"We used to live somewhere around here until I was around ten."

"You did?" He looked at me, an eyebrow raised in wonder.

"Ja. But then the bills for the house were too high to be payed by my Dad alone and Oslo was a better place for him to be living to work more. After all he had to support four children."

Jonas contemplated my answer for a second. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

He bit his lip and his eyes wandered out onto the sea. "Where's your Mom?"

"I don't know." I answered truthfully after a while, gazing onto the waves, crashing against the cliffs below us.

Jonas looked back at me. "So she's alive?"

"I don't know." I shook my head. "She left the family when I was five. Apparently, things between her and my Dad had been rough ever since I had been born. Then they wanted to get a divorce but decided against it in the end. She fell pregnant again with Marius this time and when he had turned two, she left without a word or a trace. Just took a car and left. My grandparents don't know where she is either."