s y t t e n

I had lost my friends

I had lost my friends. Sana and Noora had disappeared from my view about an hour ago, Eva I had lost right at the beginning of the party, both Chris' were nowhere to be found, Vilde and Magnus were making out in the kitchen and Evak was probably somewhere doing the same.
I groaned. My back rested against the living room wall close to the stairs and I kept on scanning the room for a familiar face.
I didn't know why I always ended up being alone on these parties. It was as if everyone had something better to do than talk to me at one point. Maybe I should do so too. Drink until I passed out or hook up with someone I didn't really know.

"Hei." A voice said to my left and relief immediately filled my body.

"Oh, herregud, Isak." I groaned and turned to face him, grabbing his arm. "I'm all by myself again because everyone left me for someone better. Don't you dare leave me too."

He grinned and put his arm around my shoulders. "There's no one better than you." His breath smelled of beer and I scrunched up my nose in distaste.

"Are you tipsy?"

Isak shook his head and leaned back against the wall similar to me too. "Nei. Gotta keep an eye on my friends. I'm on babysitter duty tonight. I only had one beer."

I laughed at his statement and nodded. "Poor you."

"You seem pretty sober though too." He said and I smiled up at him.

"I am." I shrugged. "I had a little bit of a down at the beginning of the party but then I chatted with some of the girls from my French class and it was fun. So I didn't need to drink to feel good."

"Good for you." Isak muttered. "I wanted to get dead drunk tonight but Jonas and Mahdi wanted to do the same and since I blacked out last time, it's my turn to take care of them."

"Where's Even?" I looked for the tall blonde in the dimly lit room but couldn't find him.

"Outside." Isak laughed and I glanced at him confused by his sudden change of mood. "He's holding Mahdi upright whilst he's puking his guts out."

"Are you serious?" My eyes widened. "Mahdi? I didn't take him for a guy who would go that hard."

"Oh, he does. Not often. Actually, almost never. But when he does-" Isak whistled through his teeth, causing me to giggle at his facial expression. "But what I actually wanted to ask you-" The boy next to me said and pulled his arm from around my shoulders to face me, his right arm pressed against the wall to my left. "You and Jonas, eh?"

"Oh, stop." I groaned and leaned my head backwards. "We're friends."

Isak hummed, his lips twitching. "You two have been meeting up a lot since Friday though, haven't you? He talks about you."

I perked up at his revelation and didn't answer, just scanned the room to find the boy who we were talking about.
He was talking to a girl from third year near the bathroom door. They looked fairly close and I couldn't help the slight wrenching feeling in my gut. I didn't even listen to what Isak was saying anymore, I was too focused in Jonas and the girl. I thought her name was Isabel. They had been together for a short amount of time after him and Eva had broken up. My gaze was fixated on the two teenagers and the further Jonas leaned towards her, the more I felt like throwing up. I was blatantly staring at them and it was a miracle that Isak hadn't realised that I was no longer listening to him. The girl was laughing at something Jonas had said and he grinned in pride at this achievement. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I noticed that both their mouths were closed now and they only kept on exchanging glances.