t r e t t i t o

Life was funny sometimes

Life was funny sometimes. Sometimes, you felt like you were on top of the world like royalty. Other times, you felt as though you had hit rock bottom, no strength or willpower left in you. Everything in between these two extremes was just influenced and measured by however you looked upon things. If I'd have to measure myself on that spectrum, I'd be pretty close to the middle, coming from rock bottom. The emphasis on "coming" since I was determined that from now on, everything would be a lot better.
I hadn't talked to Jonas since Monday because he hadn't been in school yesterday. It had worried me and I had felt like I had been thrown back a week to where he had been ignoring me. However, yesterday night I had decided that I needed to stop overthinking. It was a horrible habit of mine and I was almost positive that I wouldn't be able to get rid of it that easily but I was determined to make a difference. Starting with Jonas.
I had faith in him to make the right decisions and do the right things. I trusted him to take care of things and then come to me once he was done and sure that we were okay to give us a try.
The only thing I had to do was to just wait it out. Which I had never been known for but as I had said, I was going to change some things from today on.

"Hallå?"

Sana's voice ripped me out of my thoughts and I turned my head in her direction.

She gave me a quizzical look before, repeating what she had apparently said a few seconds ago. "You're phone just buzzed." She pointed towards the cellphone in my hands. "I don't know but maybe it's Jonas. You might want to look at whatever message you just received."

Sana knew about what had happened on Monday because I had forced her to skip PE with me yesterday, explaining the recent events. She had told me how proud she was of me for being selfish and that she was starting to like Chris. Which had weirded me out terribly.

"Ja." I stated like a moron and unlocked my phone.

My head immediately snapped upwards and I squinted my eyes at the gates

There he was, one hand in the pocket of his jacket as always and the other wrapped around his phone, looking up at me sitting on the benches. I couldn't help but smile, knowing that everything would work itself out. Jonas gave me a small, awkward wave with the hand that was holding his phone, before he also stuffed it into his pocket.