Chapter 59: Bring It On

Everyone went back inside so my mother and could talk in private while Manda sat in front of us. "Nue, what you just did... No one else in our clan could has the powers you have." Mom explained. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nue... You are very special, and you were born with unspeakable power. More power than the clan elder. But you must be careful, Nue. For this power is also very dangerous." Mom warned. "But... can I control this power... right?" I asked.

"Maybe. With the right mind and the right amount of focus, I believe you can control this power." She said before looking at me with a smile. I smiled back.

"Wait, if I can reanimate the dead without any hand signs or chakra, that means I can bring back our people, right?" I asked, getting a little excited. "Slow down, Nue. The power you hold could have some consequences. We don't know anything about this yet. We have to take one step at a time and learn more about your powers." Mom said.

"Your mother's right. Even with your unstable power, you could end up killing us all." Manda said. "Right. I'm sorry." I apologized. "Even a girl like you wouldn't be able to fix the consequences." He added.

"Okay, I get it, Manda. No need for more insults." I said, deadpanning. I turned my attention back towards Mom. "Do any of the scrolls say something about this power? And how do you know about it?" I asked.

"Well... The day after I gave birth to you... The elder told me..."

(Flashback) Hotaru's POV

"You have a beautiful baby girl, Hotaru."

"Thank you, Elder-sama."

"Have you thought of a name for her yet?"

"Yes, I have. Tatsuo and I have decided to name her 'Nue'."

"Just like the name of our species. How very thoughtful." He smiled, in which I smiled back as Nue slept peacefully in my arms. "Would you like to hold her, Elder-sama?" I asked. "Sure." I handed him my baby girl and he gently cradled her in his arms.

Suddenly, the elder gasped as his eyes turned completely white. "Elder-sama?" I asked, slightly panicked. The white glow in his eyes faded as his face remained shocked. "Is everything okay, Elder-sama?" I asked. "Um, yes... Everything's fine." He said as he handed me back Nue.

"Elder-sama, please tell me what you saw." I said. The clan elder has the ability to see into the future. Whenever he gets a premonition, he jumps slightly while his eyes turn white. "That child..." He pointed to Nue.

"I'm not sure what it means... but that child... Hotaru... your child... is the most powerful being in this Shinobi World." He said. "Don't be ridiculous, Elder-sama. Nue's just a baby." I said with a small giggle.

"This isn't a joke, Hotaru. The vision I saw... Nue is going to grow up to be something else. Something powerful, and dangerous." The elder said. "Are you saying my daughter is a threat to this clan?" I asked, frowning.

"Of course not."

"Then, why is she dangerous?"

"As Nue grows older, she will grow up to be more powerful than anyone in this clan. So powerful, not even the humans will stand against her."

"Then... what should I do? Is Nue going to be in any danger?"

"I can't be certain. But I suggest you keep an eye on her."

"But Nue is... safe here, right?"

"Of course, Hotaru. Nue is safe here."

I looked down at my baby girl as she continued to sleep in my arms. "Elder-sama, could you do me a favor?" I asked. "Of course, Hotaru. Anything." He said.