Chapter 46: Restriction and Stories

Nue's POV

Later that day, Kisame had treated my wounds from the electric shocks. My legs were wrapped in bandages because they were broken as they were also bruised. In fact, my whole body was covered in bruises since Tobi wasn't finished punishing me.

I was in a wheelchair while I was near the entrance of the hideout, watching the nature in front of me. Tobi set me here, probably to torment me since he took my ability to fly. Due to the Kiragani substance from the electric shocks, I was grounded. Literally.

I also couldn't throw fireballs, create guns, or do anything because that substance took away my powers. I couldn't even heal myself. I was restricted and there was nothing I could do. Everyone tried to talk to me, but I refused to say anything to anyone.

I know their just trying to make me feel better, but I didn't want their pity. Depressed, I stared out at the woods in front of me, watching a bird fly into the sky. I envied the little bird's flight. I envied how it was able to fly freely.

"Nue... Are you feeling okay?" Karin asked from behind me. I didn't answered as I continued to look at the view in front of me. "Please talk to me. I'm worried about you." She said. I ignored her, not saying a word.

I heard her sigh before gently hugging my head like she did before. "I'm sorry." She whispered. I closed my eyes as she hugged me, holding back tears. "I'll leave you alone for a while." Karin said. Before she could unwrap her hands from my head, I gently placed my hand over her arm.

"Thank you." I whispered. Karin looked at me with guilt and pity before leaving. I stayed where I was, gazing at the beautiful scene in front of me. Too bad I couldn't go out there. I'm stuck here in this wheelchair like some sort of sick patient. 

"Hungry, Nue?" Tobi asked from behind me. I glanced back at him, then looked back to the view in front of me. "You should really eat something. It's not healthy for you to starve." Tobi said as he walked over to my side.

"Such a beautiful sight, isn't it? It's just so peaceful." He commented as he stared at the view with me. I knew he was just toying with me. He was just trying to torment with me because he knows I can't escape. "Here," Tobi set something on my lap before gently petting my hair.

"Eat. You need your strength." He said before leaving. What strength? He took that away from me. As he walked away, I glanced down at what he set on my lap. Strawberry yogurt. Beside it, was a plastic spoon. I wanted to cry, and I also wanted to scream.

But I couldn't do any of that. I didn't want to express my weakness. I slowly ate my yogurt as my hands shook. When I was finished, I set the empty cup and spoon on my lap and fazed at the trees as the wind blew. I could feel most of my strength coming back, but it wasn't enough.

A butterfly with a beautiful pattern on its wings flew over to me and landed on the back of my hand. I went to touch its wing until it flew around my head, then back to where it came from. I reach out to it, leaning forward.

But I leaned too far and I fell forward. Pain shot up and down my body as I laid there. I began to crawl forward in attempt to escape. My last chance of freedom. "You clumsy little girl. What do you think you're doing?"

My eyes widened in fear as my blood ran cold. A small bead of sweat ran down the side of my head as Tobi stood beside me. I glanced up at him as he looked down at me, then towards the woods. "I admire your effort, but it won't get you anywhere." Tobi said.

My eyes widened as a surprised gasp of pain escaped my throat when Tobi kicked my broken and bruised leg. I shoved my face in the dirt and gritted my teeth to prevent myself from screaming in pain while my fingers clenched the dirt.