Chapter 26: Neko Visit

Nue's POV

"Where...? Where are you? Please, tell me where you are."

"My child... You will know where to find me when the time comes."

"No! Please, don't go! Come back!"

I opened my eyes with a gasp as I began to pant lightly. I sat up, placing a hand over my forehead as I gazed at the ground. "Nightmare?" Eun asked. "Not quite." I answered.

I stood to my feet and looked towards the sky. "It's still light out." I mumbled while rubbing my eyes. I yawned and went into my bag, taking out my yogurt and spoon. I ate my yogurt and looked at the sky when I was finished. 

"I could go back to sleep, but I also want to go into town to buy some more yogurt." I said to myself. I made up my mind and left my stuff where it was as I went into town.

I stopped by a restaurant as it was still open. My stomach growled lightly, making me place both of my hands over it. "You just ate. You mean to tell me that you're still hungry?" Eun asked. "Yogurt wasn't enough. That was just a snack. I need a meal."

"Eat when it's late!" She said. "Sorry, can't hear you. My ears must be clogged." I said, walking inside the restaurant. "Bullshit! I know damn well they're not clogged!" Eun snapped. I went inside the restaurant and took a seat. "Hello. Welcome. How may I help you?" A waitress asked.

"I won't be staying long. I would just like some yogurt, please." I said. She nodded and walked back to the kitchen. I patiently waited as I spaced out. "Miss?" The waitress said, snapping me out of my thoughts.  "Yes?" I asked.

"Your order." She set a small cup of yogurt down in front of me, along with a glass of water. "I didn't order any water." I said. "It's from that young man with the white hair." She said as she pointed at a guy sitting three tables away from me.

I looked at him as he grinned and waved at me. "Enjoy your food." The waitress said before walking off. "Thank you." I replied. I started to eat my yogurt while thinking of Deidara. I felt bad for not telling him about my departure.

He's probably pissed that I didn't tell him. Or maybe heartbroken. I looked over at the guy who bought me the water, noticing he was sitting with someone. I narrowed my eyes at his friend until I recognized it immediately.

I left money for the waitress and left the restaurant.

"What's Sasuke doing here? Why was there a guy with him? What's he planning?" I asked myself. Maybe I should kill him? No, I can't. Itachi has to be the one who kills him. I went back to my spot in the woods and collected my things.

Before I go, maybe I should pay Granny Cat a visit. I headed to Granny Cat's shop, flying there, while leaving my stuff behind, deciding to come back for it later. "I wonder if I'll get to see Nekomata?" I wondered. When I made it to my destination, I walked down the hall, to her shop.

"Sheesh, the least Granny Cat could've done was clean up around here. It smells." I said. "Well, it's not like we have cleaning service here," I turned my head, spotting my two favorite cats. "Long time no see, Nue." Denka greeted. "What brings you here, meow?" Hina asked.

"I'm just looking for Granny Cat. Thought I'd pay her a visit. I don't suppose you could lead me the way." I requested. "What's in it for us, meow?" Hina said. I smirked. "Greedy cat," I held out my hand and made a bottle of catnip appear in my palm.

"I'll give you this. But only if you lead me to Granny Cat. Deal?" I said. I kneeled down, handing the bottle to Hina, and she took it between her teeth. "What a nice offering, meow." She said, grinning a cat grin.