Chapter 20: Can't Go Back

I looked around. 'Now, where's Ino?' I thought as I glanced from left to right. Hidan began to chuckle with excitement before yelling, "Look, Lord Jashin! Behold your servant! I'd give myself, body, and soul to the cottage to come! In your name, I will rip their guts out!"

One of the Kakuzu's black creatures began to sway before fallign to the ground, melting into what looked like a black ink. "What happened, Kakuzu?" I asked as he stitched his back with his threads.

"Kakuzu! What the hell was that?! You put on this big show and, then one of them drops dead before we even get started! Come on, that's really low if you ask me!" Hidan whined. "Will you shut up, Hidan?" I said with a frown. "Hidan, Nue. Just stay back. I've got this." Kakuzu said.

"No way! I want in on this action! And I'm sick of watching us get pushed around by these losers! So, let's go with the usual!" Hidan replied. "The usual?" I repeated. "Just sit back and watch, Nue." He said.

"This isn't going to be like the time when you got your ass kicked by that monk at the Fire Temple, is it?" I asked. "Trust me. This time, we won't let our guard down. Just stay out of it!" Hidan answered. "You're the boss. I just listen." I said, yawning.

Kakuzu hummed as he did a hand sign while Hidan licked his lips and charged at Kakashi with his scythe. Kakashi took out a kunai and began to fight Hidan, one on one. They jumped in the air, continuing their battle.

At least, that's how it was until Kakuzu  blocked his attack. I emotionlessly stared off into space as I listened to their weapons clashing. "Wind Style: Pressure Damage!" I heard Kakuzu yell. The next thing I heard was a blast.

"Move!" I ordered my summoning. It leaped away from the blast so we wouldn't get hit. We landed near a safe spot, away from the blast. But it wasn't over yet. "Lightning Style: False Darkness!" Kakuzu said.

"Choji! Shikamaru! Run!" Ino called as she ran towards them. "So, that's where she was hiding." I said. The lightning attack struck forward, aiming to hit the three ninjas. "Get in front of them!" I ordered my summoning.

He jumped forward, landing in front of them. "All right, just like we practiced." I said. He gave a roar while opening its mouth as I held out my arms. The two of us created a Tailed Beast Ball and shot it towards Kakuzu's lightning attack.

Kakashi's POV

"That's the...!" My eyes widened as I recognized the Tailed Beast Ball. But I thought only Jinchuriki had those abilities. There's no way Nue can perform a technique like that unless...

Is Nue a Jinchuriki?

Nue's POV

I panted lightly as I held my arms out. "Way to go, buddy." I said to my summoning. "Nue, you... saved us?" Choji asked. "I didn't do it for you. I did it because I want to be the one who kills you, not Kakuzu." I said, coldly.

I made my summoning walk forward, going over to Kakuzu. "Why did you try to stop my attack?" Kakuzu demanded with a glare. "Because I'm the one who's going to kill them." I said. I looked over at Hidan as he was walking over to us.

"That was very impressive. You're the first one who's survived that little one-two combination of ours, Kakashi Hatake." Hidan complimented. "You saw through the jutsu with your Sharingan. But what about this next one?" Kakuzu said, doing a few hand signs.

A masked creature began to sway like the last one until it opened its mouth. "Fire Style: Searing Migraine!" Kakuzu said. Fire shot out of the mouth of the mask, toward Kakashi and Squad 10.

However, they were able to dodge that attack. I spotted Kakashi in the air as Hidan tried to kill him with his scythe. Hidan went to swing his scythe down on him, but Kakashi blocked it. This kind of continued while Hidan tried to get one strike in.