Chapter 14: The Two Immortals In Action

Nue's POV

"Dammit. Where are those two?" I asked out loud. I didn't know finding Hidan and Kakuzu would be this hard. "Nue, if you needed help, you should've said something." I heard White Zetsu say. I looked to my side and saw him emerging from the ground.

"Zetsu," I looked at him with a bored expression. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Leader-sama had a feeling you'd get lost, so he sent us to come help you." He explained. "Is that so?" I asked.

"You'll find Kakuzu and Hidan by the Land of Lightning." Black Zetsu said. "Thanks." I said, quickly before running towards the Land of Lightning. When I got to them, I saw a building that was completely knocked down to the ground.

"What the hell happened here?" I mumbled. "It's been thirty minutes. Aren't you done yet?" I looked ahead to see Kakuzu sitting on a stone and Hidan lying on his back with a spike impaled through his chest.

"Does it really take you thirty minutes to do your ritual?" I asked, bluntly as I walked over to them. "Would you two shut up?! You're interrupting the ritual!" Hidan said, annoyed. I sighed.

"Are you guys going to capture another Jinchuriki after this?" I asked Kakuzu as I sat down next to him. "The Land of Fire is next." He said as he looked at a map. "By the way, how the hell did you find us? Another one of your abilities?" Hidan asked.

I watched him take the spike out of his chest. "Zetsu helped me out." I told him. Zetsu popped out of the ground to tell us to stop dilly dallying and get to work. "How is it that one half of you is nice and the other half of you is... rude?" I asked.

"You mean like you?" Black Zetsu said. I frowned at him. "Shut up." I mumbled."Let's go. We have work to do." He said. "Leave the Jinchuriki to us." White Zetsu said. I nodded and began to follow Kakuzu.

"How much further is this place?" Hidan asked. "We're almost there." Kakuzu replied. "Just be patient, Hidan." I said. "He's keeps saying we're almost there, but..." Hidan groaned when he saw more stairs.

"You're kidding. More climbing?! This better be a Jinchuriki at the end of this. Because if it's not, I'll get mad and you know what happens when I get..."

"I don't give a damn what happens!" Kakuzu snapped. "And if you don't stop whining like a spoiled brat... I'll kill you." He finished. "Oh, come on. What's that about? You tryin' to scare me or what?" Hidan said. "Hidan, I think it's best if you don't push Kakuzu over the edge." I advised.

"Tch. You're really an anti-social jerk, you know that?" Hidan said as we continued to walk forward. After a while, I began to slow down. "Hmm? What's wrong with you?" Hidan asked me as he stopped walking.

Kakuzu stopped as well, turning to look at me. "Nothing. I'm just... a little tired." I admitted. I shook my head, trying to stay awake. "I think I can keep going for a little bit longer." I said. Hidan sighed. "Why did the Leader make you come with us when this is the time of day when you sleep?" He said.

"Orders are orders, Hidan." I said, covering my mouth with a yawn. He sighed again before thrusting his scythe into the ground. I raised a brow at him. "What are you doing?" I asked. He responded by piking me up and putting my on his back as his arms held under my legs to keep me from falling.

"Hold my scythe, will ya?" Hidan requested. "Okay." I said with a tired yawn. I picked up the handle of his scythe and used my wings and tails to hold his weapon. My arms wrapped around his neck as we started walking again.

I fell asleep on Hidan's back while my chin rested on his shoulder. After a while, I woke up when I heard a crash. I lifted my head off Hidan's shoulder and yawned slightly. "These guys don't look like they convert to the Way of Jashin. Nope, no converts here." Hidan said.