Chapter 10: Road Trip

Deidara's POV

Later that day, Nue and I headed out to the Hidden Stone Village where she said she had to retrieve something that belonged to her. Because we were going to be in public, I thought it'd be best if Nue wore her hooded cloak.

Of course, she wasn't too grand about that idea because she hated having to hide who she really is. But I told her it was for her protection, so she put the cloak on, anyway. But Nue's still a little pissed off about it.

We were on my bird, flying across the sky until we arrived at the Hidden Stone Village. "Land someplace where we won't be seen." Nue instructed. "Right." I responded before landing my bird behind a tall building. "Let's go." Nue jumped off the bird and walked off.

I quickly followed her. "So, where is this place you were talking about, un?" I asked. "It shouldn't be far." She answered  quickly. We walked for about ten minutes until Nue stopped in her tracks. "We're here." Nue said, emotionlessly, as we stood in front of a small building.

"This is it? What kind of building is this? I've never seen it before. Must be brand new, yeah." I guess. "This building is not what you think, Deidara," Nue mentioned, making me look at her, confused. "It's really a shop." Nue opened the door and we walked inside as a bell rung above our heads.

"Hello, Nue." A small black and white wolf pup greeted. I stared wide eyed at the animal with my mouth hanging open. Did that thing really just talk?

"Hello, Yin Yang." Nue said, emotionlessly. "I had a feeling you weren't dead. It's been a while, hasn't it?" Yin Yang said. "It's only been three years." She stated, bluntly. Am I the only one who is freaked out at the fact this wolf is talking?

How is Nue not freaked out by this?! Then again, she probably knows this animal. "But three years seems like a long time though. Wouldn't you agree?" Yin Yang asked. Nue didn't reply as she stared down at the animal with an unamused look.

"I see you're not really in the mood to chat," He sighed slightly. "Very well. Follow me, please." The wolf requested as he turned around, walking away. Nue and I followed the creature as she took off her cloak. We kept walking until we came across two sliding doors.

The doors opened to reveal a man lying comfortably on a couch with his blue kimono opened widely, revealing some of his chest as his legs were shown. Kind of reminds me of how Hidan wears his cloak, except for the leg part.

The man looked really young and had long blue hair with heterochromic eyes.'Who is this guy? Another person like Nue? No, it doesn't look like it. This guy doesn't have the wings and tails on his back.' I thought. "Hello, Nue. Long time no see." The man said.

"Long time no see, Kenshin." Nue said back. Kenshin smoked from his pipe before sitting up from the couch. "Let's go upstairs, shall we?" He smiled. He walked past us, leading us towards a flight of stairs.

We entered a room and I took a seat at a long table while Nue stood in front of the window, looking at the sunset. The small wolf stared at me as he sat at the other end of the table. He staring intently at me, as if we went into a staring contest.

I blinked when Kenshin placed a cup of tea in front of me, breaking the staring contest. "Thanks, un." I said to Kenshin. He smiled at me before looking towards Nue. "Nue?" Kenshin asked, offering tea with a calm smile.

"None for me, thanks." Nue said, emotionlessly. The sky was turning orange as Nue's eyes were glued to the sunset. I think she was enjoying the view.

"Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself, Nue? What have you been up to during these last three years? Who's your new friend that you brought with you?" Kenshin asked as he walked over to the other side of the table and picked up his wolf pup.