Chapter 27: Tears and Apologies

Nue's POV

'I think I'm gonna be sick' I thought with a groan. "Hey, can you guys stop jumping for a second? I feel like I'm gonna vomit." I said to Itachi as he carried me over his shoulder. "Just hang in there a little bit longer, Nue." Itachi said.

He and Kisame jumped through the trees, going to who knows where. "Ugh... Kisame, say something to your partner." I whined. "I'm the one who's carrying your stuff, so quit complaining." He replied. It's just one bag! Stop complaining!

"If you don't let me go, I'm gonna puke all over your cloak." I warned Itachi. After I said that, he and Kisame jumped to the ground and Itachi set me down on my feet. "Thank you." I said as I dusted myself off.

"I'm surprised you didn't sleep the whole time Itachi carried you." Kisame commented as he set my stuff on the ground. "How could I sleep when he's moving around like that? It's uncomfortable." I said, in which he shrugged.

"That was some stunt you pulled back there." Kisme mentioned. "Stunt? I was only defending myself." I informed. "What were you doing, anyway?" Itachi asked me. "Just picking up a souvenir." I answered, casually.

"And that souvenir happened to be the Executioner's Blade that once belonged to Zabuza Momochi?" Kisame said. "Yep. He was actually my uncle, you know? I used to call him Uncle Moo Moo because of the pants he wore." I mentioned.

"Uncle Moo Moo?" Itachi repeated. "Give me a break, will ya? I was three years old at the time." I said before picking my stuff off the ground. "How'd you guys find me, anyway?" I asked Itachi. "We heard you close by." Itachi said.

"So, we just grabbed you and left, along with your stuff. Besides, it looked like you needed help, anyway. Also, Itachi didn't want you killing his kid brother." Kisame mentioned. "I could've handled it on my own." I argued.

"Right." Kisame said, sarcastically. "Anyway, that's not the only reason we picked you up. Leader assigned us to take you back to Akatsuki." Itachi said. "Did it really take the bastard this long to find out I was gone?" I asked with a deadpan expression.

"You should watch your tongue, Nue, before it gets ripped out." Kisame warned with a grin. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Let's just head back." I said. "Not gonna throw a fit?" Kisame asked, amused. "Nah. I've had my fun," I picked up my stuff and faced them.

"By the way, is Deidara at the base?" I asked. "No, he went on a mission with Tobi." Itachi said. "Hmm... Okay, then." I said. "Leader wants you to return to the base alone. He wants to speak with you while we still have a job to do." Kisame said. "Fair enough." I replied.

"Before you go, I'd like to talk to you in private, Nue." Itachi said. "Can it wait?" I whined. "I'm afraid it can't." He replied. I sighed. "Okay." I said. Itachi and I went to a private spot so he could speak to me alone.

"What did you need to talk to me about, Itachi?" I asked. "As you know, I'll be fighting Sasuke soon." Itachi mentioned. "Ah, yes... Your little bastard of a brother." I said, locking my fingers behind my head.

He sighed at my comment. "Nue, I know you hate Sasuke, but there's something I need you to do for me." He said. "And what would that be?"

"I want you to look after Sasuke after I die."

"Forget it. I'm not doing it. You're not going to die, Itachi. I know you won't."

"You're in denial."

"You bet your Sharingan I am."

"Nue, you are a strong ninja. You have surpassed most of us. You might have even surpassed the Leader. But I need someone who I can trust to watch over my little brother."