Chapter 15: Bickering

"I'm really getting sick of how lousy you are at conversation, you know. Otherwise a pleasant trip could be completely ruined if you get stuck traveling with some boring companion." Hidan said as Chiriku groaned in pain.

"Trying to sleep here." I said as my eyes were closed. I gotta tell ya, Chiriku's moaning is really getting on my nerves. "We're not exactly on a vacation here, Hidan." Kakuzu reminded him.

"I've also had enough of searching for Jinchuriki when we don't have a clue where they might be. Put yourself in my position. I've been forced to go alone with all this extra work. A little sympathy would be nice." Hidan complained. 

"Just shut up and keep walking. We're late." Kakuzu told him. Something tells me Kakuzu was getting a little annoyed with Hidan's complaining. I really can't blame him because I'm getting fed up with his complaining, too. 

"Huh? We're only late because we have to stop at that collection office or whatever it is. For crying out loud, you're making this devious trip even longer. I'm telling you, it's getting really annoying." Hidan said, obviously annoyed.

I opened my eyes when we stopped and saw that Kakuzu had stopped walking. "You should've kept your mouth shut, Hidan." I said, sighing. I closed my eyes again as Kakuzu began to scold Hidan. "This is annoying? This is part of an important mission."

"Whatever. I know you're in charge of making money for the organization. But this bounty, it's a pittens. Barely enough to cover the after party for a tailed beast hunt." Hidan pointed out. I didn't hear anything for a few seconds, so I decided to speak up as my eyes were still closed.

"If we don't get a move on, Leader-sama will wonder what we're doing." I said. I opened one of my eyes as Kakuzu took my advice and continued walking again. "Tch. Hey, wait up. I'm sorry." Hidan apologized as he caught up to Kakuzu.

I closed my eye, trying to go back to sleep. "That guy must be pretty heavy, right? I don't mind carryin' him for ya." Hidan said. "And what do you plan to do with my valuable bounty?" Kakuzu questioned. "What? Hey, I was only trying to be nice here." Hidan said, trying act innocent.

"You plan on getting rid of it, aren't you, Hidan?" I said. "What are you talking about?" Hidan asked. "Don't paly dumb. Nue already found you out. She can see through you. Literally." Kakuzu said. "Literally? What's that supposed to mean, Kakuzu?" I asked as I was now fully awake. 

I lifted my chin off of Hidan's shoulder to look at Kakuzu. "Your eyes are glowing purple again." He mentioned. "Huh? Oh, sorry." I said, making my eyes change back to red. Sometimes, my eyes have a tendency to change purple on their own.

I don't know how it happens. It just does. Hidan laughed. "All right, you got me. Let's forget that guy and get to the Jinchuriki." Hidan said as he gave us a closed-eye smile. Kakuzu quickly went to hit Hidan as I grabbed his fist, stopping his attack.

"See that? I finally made ya mad." Hidan said in a creepy voice. I rolled my eyes. "You are so childish." Kakuzu said, angrily. "Quit trying to piss him off, Hidan." I said as Kakuzu withdrew his hand. He began walking again.

"Hey! Come on! What? No fight, then?" Hidan asked. 'It's like this idiot wants to die!' I thought. My eye twitched in annoyance. "I don't have time to spend on your pointless distractions. And besides, after this mission, I'll be sending you to the next world so I won't have to listen to you in this one anymore." Kakuzu said as continued to walk, his back facing us.

"Not that again. Man, I sure hope whoever our next opponent is they have enough fight in him so I can finally let off some steam." Hidan said. "One of these days, you're going to push Kakuzu over his limit." I mentioned out of boredom.