Chapter 44: Kind or Cruel?

"Nue-kun! Come on! Play with me!" Megumi whined as she knocked on the door. "Go away, Megumi!" I yelled as I was inside my bathroom. Now I know how Sasuke felt when he was trying to get Sakura off his back.  

I sat in the empty tub with my knees pulled to my chest, not wanting to be disturbed by anyone. But that was kind of impossible since Megumi was annoying the hell out of me as she kept banging on my front door.

I looked my front door so nobody would get in. I've been here for two days and I've learned Sasuke's team was staying here until everyone was healed up. I guess I wasn't the only one who suffered rough wounds from the Eight-Tails battle.

I had dyed my hand red and blue, but only the sides. Why? Because I felt like it. I hid my face in my knees as I was too scared to set foot outside my room. The only time I would go outside my room was if I was hungry. "Nue, it's me." Kisame called from outside my room.

"Kisame?" I whispered. I got out of the tub and approached my door. "What is it, Kisame?" I asked as I opened the door slightly so I could see him. "How are you feeling, kid? I heard about what happened to you, so I'd thought I'd come see how you were doing." He asked.

"Did Tobi tell you what happen?" I asked, quietly. "No, he didn't. I heard you screaming. I'm sorry." He said. "It's not your fault, Kisame. Don't blame yourself. But right now, I just wanna be left alone." I said before closing the door.

I leaned my back against it and pressed my hands against my face. "You need to calm down, Nue. You just need to relax." I told myself. My hands slipped off my face as I gazed at my dull room. "Maybe some redecorating will do me some good." I mumbled.

Tobi/Madara's POV

"You wanted to speak with me, Madara?" Kisame asked as he stood in front of me. "Where is Nue?" I asked. "Locked up in her room. Was doing something like that to her really necessary? Don't you think you might have taken it too far?" He asked.

"She had to be disciplined. She got what she deserved." I said. "Give her break, Madara. She's just a kid." Kisame defended. "She's seventeen." I stated.

"She's still just a kid."

"The reason why Nue acts the way she does is because no one has disciplined her properly. But I changed that."

"Cut her some slack, will you? She's lost just about everyone in her family."

"Her family died thirteen years ago."

"Maybe. But after Nue joined Akatsuki, we became her new family. One by one, she's lost a family member. But after losing Deidara and Itachi, can you really blame how the kid acts? How would you feel if you lost someone you loved dearly?"

'I've already lost her, though. And I can't do anything to bring her back' I thought while thinking of Rin. "This discussion is over." I said, walking past him. I made my way down to Nue's room while Megumi was in front of her door, knocking on it continuously.

"How long has she been in there?" I asked her. "Two days straight. She hasn't eaten or come out for anything." She answered. She took a few steps back as I walked over to Nue's door. "Nue, open this door now." I commanded.

"It's open." Nue called, quietly. I opened the door and noticed she did some redecorating. I guess she did this to calm herself down in a way, but I didn't expect to walk into this:

 I guess she did this to calm herself down in a way, but I didn't expect to walk into this: