Chapter 2: Her New Life

Nue's POV

It's funny, you know. One minute, your memories are gone and you make friends with a bunch of humans. Then, the next minute, you're a killer with a bipolar personality. Three years seems like a long time, don't you think?

I was sitting on top of the Akatsuki base, enjoying the cool night breeze. "It's time for your training, Nue." I heard Sasori say from behind me. I moved my eyes to the side, then back at the scenery. "Fine." I said. I stood up and followed him back to the base.

"What were you thinking about?" Sasori said, breaking the silence. "The Leaf Village." I said, emotionlessly. "You should forget about them. It's been nearly three years." He said. "You don't have to remind me," I looked down a bit and frowned.

But he's right. They did lie to me and I let them make me look like a fool. Once we got to the training room, I picked up a black and red scythe off the rack. "Are you ready?" Sasori asked me. I nodded my head. He took out a scroll and summoned his Third Kazekage puppet.

I made my eyes change purple as I got in position. Sasori made the puppet come at me with a blade and I used my tails to stop his attack. He flexed his fingers, making the puppet push forward and try to cut me.

I jumped back, doing a backflip, then ran at him, trying to slice him. Sasori kept dodging my attacks. "It's useless to just use normal attacks. I taught you this a year ago." Sasori said as he blocked most of my attacks with his puppet.

God, he sounds like Kakashi. I got distracted and he sliced down on my chest with the puppet's blade. The puppet sliced upward, cutting my arm. I winced in pain, but stood my ground. "Is that all you got?" I challenged.

I knew I was driving his patience and that was the plan. Sasori frowned at me and sliced my cheek, making a deep cut. I narrowed my eyes at him as I stood my ground.

Sasori's POV

I narrowed my eyes at Nue as she stood her ground. It's as if she couldn't feel the pain at all. I threw a kunai knife at her and she blocked it with her scythe. Nue made a gun appear in her hand and shot at me. I dodged her attack, then drove my blade through her heart.

She poofed into a log. A clone, I should've known. I froze when I felt a kunai knife lightly touch my back. "A ninja must see through deception, Sasori. You've learned that, haven't you?" Nue mocked.

I smirked and looked at her with the corner of my eye. She was getting stronger and faster by the day. Nue teleported in front of me so she could look at me and I noticed she has deactivated her kekkei genkai. I looked into her crimson eyes and saw a bit of rage.

"That's enough training for tonight." I said to her. Nue gave me small a nod and walked away. "You're different, Nue Houjuu. It makes me wonder what sort of life you lived wile you were in the Leaf." I murmured.

Nue's POV

I still had a few more hours until morning arrived. Maybe I could do some exploring. As I walked past the living room, I noticed Kisame sleeping on the couch. I walked down the hall and opened the door to Pein's room. He was sound asleep on his bed.

"Wow, even the leader sleeps." I said, amused. I closed his door and walked to Deidara's room. I've been hanging out with Deidara a lot lately and we've become good friends. I snuck into his room and saw him twitching a little as his breathing was uneven.

What I can guess, I think he's having a nightmare. Aw, so cute. It almost made me feel a little bad that he wasn't sleeping so well. So, what can I do to make him relax? I climbed into his bed, then lied down next to him. Deidara almost instantly relaxed when I lied down next to him.