Chapter 24

Authors note: I had to give you a bonus chapter because we have reached 3k reads! Holy crap! You guys are the best!

***

It was Friday and there was a game today. I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't playing but I was still going to school. My nose was stuffy and I was tired but I didn't have a fever so I could still go. I get up and walk to my bathroom. I get into the shower. After my shower I put on my robe and put my hair in a towel before going to the closet in my room. I put on a black and white tank top, black skinny jeans, and a silver bracelet that I got for my 15th birthday. I put on black high tops and Jax's letterman jacket before going back to the bathroom. 

I put my robe in the cabinet and unwrap the towel from around my head

I put my robe in the cabinet and unwrap the towel from around my head. I grab my brush out of the drawer and brush my hair before putting the brush back and grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste. I brush my teeth before rinsing my toothbrush and going back into my bedroom. I grab my backpack and my phone before I leave my bedroom.

"Morning." I mumble when I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning, sunshine!" Ty says, picking off pieces of his toast and stuffing them in his mouth. I pour a bowl of Fruit Loops before sitting at the table and eating.

***

"Good luck." I tell Jax and kiss him. He nods and goes onto the field. I walk up the bleachers and sit near the middle. About fifteen minutes into the game Ally comes and sits next to me.

"How's it going?" She asks. I know she won't understand any football terms so I keep it simple.

"We're winning. Fourteen to twelve." I tell her and she nods. We sit in a comfortable silence for about a half hour before a hush falls over the crowd. I look in the direction that everyone else is and see something that breaks my heart.

Jax is laying on the ground, paramedics surrounding him. My eyes burn with tears as I run down the bleachers. My dad grabs me and hugs me to his chest. I cry into his shirt.

"Come on, let's follow them to the hospital." Dad says as the paramedics put Jax on a stretcher and take him to the ambulance. Ally comes down the bleachers with my backpack and hands it to me. She hugs me before going to her car. I go with Dad to his truck followed by the rest of the team. I get in the front seat of the truck and hold my knees to my chest.

"What happened?" I ask Dad when Blake, Austin, and Ty get in the backseat of the truck.

"He got a football to the head and his helmet got knocked off." Dad says keeping his eyes on the road. I look out the window and rest my right cheek on my knee. We get to the hospital and walk inside. Dad and I walk to the front desk.

"We are here to see Jax Thompson." Dad says to the lady.

"Relation?" She asks.

"I'm his girlfriend." I choke out through the tears.

"Immediate family only." She says and my heart drops.

"Please, just let her-" Dad starts but I cut him off.

"Zola! She's immediate family! Can you drive me to get her?" I ask him.

"Is she at their apartment?" He asks and my face drops.

"No. Sh-she's at his Grandmas." I tell him.

"Do you know where she lives?" He asks.

"No, but he gave me her number in case I needed to get a hold of her." I say and grab my phone from my pocket and click on her number.

"Hello." An old lady voice says from the other line.

"Hi, this is Jax's girlfriend Bexley. Jax is in the hospital. Can I come get Zola?" I ask her.

"Yes! Of course! I will text you my address." She says frantically.

"Ok. Thank you. I'll be there soon." I say and hang up. Dad and I walk to the car and I get a text message from her. I put the address in the GPS and we drive there. A few minutes later we pull up to an old brick house. I walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell. The door swings open and a lady that looks to be in her 70's is standing in the house.

"You must be Bexley." She says and hollers for Zola who comes running into view.

"Bexwie!" She screams and attacks my legs. My heart breaks for her.

"Hi, sweetie." I say and pick her up.

"Will you text me with any new information?" She asks.

"Of course." I say and thank her before going back to the truck. I grab Alex's car seat from the back and put it in the seat for Zola. I buckle her in before going to my door and getting in.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I know! I know! You hate me and I hate me too. I'm sorry but it had to happen for the story line! So how have you been liking the posting schedule?

Comment and vote!

See ya suckers!

Love ya!