Chapter 22

(Saturday. The court trial. And I'm sorry for the time jumps😣)

BEEP BEEP BEEP

My alarm goes off at seven-thirty, Saturday morning. Jax is picking me up at eight-thirty so we aren't late. I get up and go to the bathroom. I take a shower and then go to my closet. I grab a black pencil skirt, cream tank top, and a black blazer. I put them on before grabbing pearl earrings along with a matching pearl necklace and cream purse. I slip on black heels before curling my hair.

By the time I was ready it was eight o'clock

By the time I was ready it was eight o'clock. I grab my phone and go downstairs. Since it was Saturday, I was the only one awake. A banana is all I'm going to eat because I have full intentions of making Jax buy me lunch later. I have my priorities straight. After finishing my banana I put the peel in the trash and the door bell rings. I go over to it and open it.

"Hey, beautiful." Jax says and I can tell he is nervous.

"You're not going to lose her." I tell him and wrap my arms around him.

"I can't lose her. If they take her, I-I don't know what'll happen." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You don't have to worry about that." I say and kiss him.

"Let's go." He says and we walk to his car. When I get in the car I notice Zola in the back seat. She is wearing a dress with a white top and magenta bottom with a denim jacket over it. She is wearing brown combat boots and her hair is curled.

"Hi, Bexwey!" She says and waves

"Hi." I say. Jax starts the car and we drive in silence. When we get there we go inside.

"Jax?" I say.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"Do you know how to tie a tie?" I ask pointing to the tie he is wearing that is currently in a knot around his neck.

"No." He says laughing. I stand on my tip toes and tie it for him.

"Thank you, baby." He says kissing me.

"You're welcome. I'm going to go sit down." I say and walk to a middle row.

About five minutes later, my whole family comes in. Mom is carrying Jace, Dad carrying both the twins and the rest trailing behind them. Mom is wearing a lack pencil skirt and a white button up shirt, Dad and the boys are all wearing black dress pants and white shirts without ties. Soon after the football team come in. All in black dress pants and white shirts.

I motion for them to come over and they do. Mom is sitting next to me and Jace is on my lap already falling asleep.

"How is Jax doing?" Mom asks.

"He's really nervous." I say.

"I would be too." She says and then we are both quiet. Jax's lawyer comes out first, followed by Jax and Zola. After doing extensive research Jax decided on Patricia Londono.

First, Jax's Dad's lawyer has to state why Jax shouldn't be able to have custody of Zola.

"He is only eighteen and is still in high school. He has no stable way of getting money and where would Zola go when he is at school? Not to mention that Zola is Mr. Thompson's daughter." His lawyer says.

"Jax has been more of a father to Zola then he has. After their mom died, Mr. Thompson was always getting drunk while Jax was at home taking care of Zola. He wasn't the only one hurting. Jax has put her to bed every night for the past year. He has made her dinner, gotten her up every morning and found a nice place for her to go everyday when he's at school. If he does get custody of her, not much will change." Patricia states.

"Let's leave it up to Zola. Zola, do you want to go with your brother or your dad?" The judge asks her.

"Bubby." She says without hesitation.

"Ok, we will go over both your cases and then make our final decision." The judge says.

***

After about twenty minutes the judge asked for Jax, Zola and their dad to meet in his chambers.

"I just want this to be over." Ty says and we all agree. After fifteen minutes Patricia comes into the room and my heart starts pounding. Zola follows her soon but still, no Jax.

"He's coming." She tells me. As if on cue, Jax coming in the room with a huge grin on his face and scoops Zola up while she giggles uncontrollably and spins her around.

"SHE'S MINE!" He screams which causes all of us to laugh. I walk over to him and he hugs me with his empty arm. "Princess, I have a kid now."

"Well, it's a good thing I love you and your kid." I say laughing and taking Zola from him.

"Wait!" Dad screams as I realize what I did. "Love? Since when did that happen? I'm not OK with this!"

"It happened about two weeks ago." Jax says.

"Ugh! Whatever. I don't care anymore." Dad says, much to everyone's surprise.

"Oh, by the way, you're coming apartment shopping with me tomorrow. My dad is selling the house so I need an apartment for Zo and I." Jax whispers in my ear.

"Ok. When are we going?" I ask.

"When can you go?" He asks.

"Anytime after noon." I say.

"I'll pick you up at one then." He says.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! So did you like it? Also, we are at 2k reads like holy crap! You guys are the best! Also go check out my other book Player Meets Weirdo. It was on hold for a little bit and I just posted a new chapter. So I hope you like it!

See ya suckers!

Love ya!