Filler Chapter: Trip to the Grocery Store

This is just a filler chapter of an idea that I had and thought was cute to play around with.

Author's Note at the end.

Enjoy!

**************

Bad pop music played over the speakers, only being interrupted when one of the employees had to call a manager to the front or notify a kid to return to their parent. Kat pulled out a cart from the long line placed in an alcove.

"Wait! I wanna get in!" Tony practically squealed, holding onto the side of the buggy.

"No, Stark! We have to put food in there." Steve reprimanded, like the parent figure he always turned out to be.

"I won't take up much room. Plus, look at all the carts! We can get another one."

After it was clear that Tony wasn't going to fold, Steve grabbed another cart, which was filled quickly with Thor.

"I would also like to take part in riding in the cart." he explained, crossing his ankles so he could fit.

Sighing deeply, Bruce grabbed a third. Thankfully, no one got in that one. Kat saw a bagger glare at the group for taking so many carts, causing her to smile apologetically. They began in the produce section, where an argument ensued immediately.

'Of course. These people are like children. Even worse, siblings.'

Tony and Nat were debating whether to get strawberries or blueberries, which was quickly solved when Banner threw both into the empty cart. Kat sent him a thankful look, adding bananas and a bag of apples into the cart.

"We're all here as a family, shopping for groceries," Stark held up a bag full of grapes. "Isn't it grape?"

"Oh, no," Banner brought a hand to his forehead. "Here come the puns."

"I mean, I know it's bananas," he held up the bananas Kat had set beside him. "But this is just peachy," he pointed to the stand of the fruits. "But I'm grateful to have you guys. Lettuce thank the universe for bringing us together."

"I didn't even put that in the cart. Where did you get a bag of lettuce?" Kat questioned, Loki looking equally confused from beside her.

"Chill, Kitty Kat. Don't go raisin' questions you don't want the answers to." he held a pack of raisins.

"Oh, stop. You're kale-ing me." Kat smirked, throwing Steve's kale into the cart.

"Here we go." Logan muttered, dreading what was to come.

Stark had a gleam in his eye as him and Kat start throwing out produce puns left and right.

"I have too mushroom for puns in my life."

"If you were a fruit, you'd be a fine-apple." Kat winked at Loki, causing him to chuckle and shake his head.

"You're one in a melon."

"Someone wanted to run away to get married. But I cantaloupe."

"Guys, were out of the produce section now."

"Good. That was getting berry out of control." Kat laughed.

"Katherine, if you keep going I'll be forced to take you out." Loki threatened.

"How about on a date?" Kat smiled, kissing Loki's cheek before they continued their way through the store.

"Okay, that was a good one."

Natasha and Clint were arguing over which cereal was the best one. Natasha had a box of frosted flakes while Clint had chocolate pebbles.

"Who eats chocolate for breakfast?" Nat furrowed her brow at the mere thought.