Chapter 11: Mjolnir and Worth

**********Party Scene from Age of Ultron. You can watch it on youtube but I'm going to write the conversation in this chapter. You have been warned.***********

Hours, and I mean hours, later. The party has ended and we found ourselves lounging on the couches, talking and drinking-I'm not allowed to drink anything at the bar, obviously. Pepper had left for bed not too long ago, claiming that she had to be up early for work. Rhodey and Sam had stayed to hang out for a while and Loki revealed himself when people started leaving.

"Whatever, man. It's a trick!" Clint proclaimed, point his drum stick at Mjolnir.

Thor laughed and gestured to the hammer, "Please, be my guest."

Everyone was quiet and looked at Clint.

"Come on." Tony encouraged.

"Really?" Clint asked in disbelief.

"Yeah." Tony answered, making Clint stand up.

With his drum sticks still in hand, Clint walked over to the hammer. The look on his face said, 'I can't believe I'm doing this.' We shot a few encouraging words at Clint.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" he aim the question at Thor, making him nod while smiled.

Clint grabbed the hammer and pulled on it, groaning as he did so. He pulled a little bit more before he started to chuckle.

"I still don't know how you do it."

He let go of the hammer and backed up from it.

"Do you smell the silent judgement?" Tony questioned.

"Please," Clint held out his hand to Tony, motioning for him to take his place. "Stark, by all means."

Putting his glasses down on the coffee table, Tony stood up, unbuttoning the front of his jacket as he did so.

"Ooh!" came from Steve.

"Uh, oh." Dr. Banner said under his breath but we still heard him.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony directed to Clint, taking his place behind the hammer.

"Be ready now." Someone mutter, making me smile.

"Physics." Tony claimed, making Dr. Banner mock him by repeating Stark's words.

Tony then put his hand through the strap and turned to Thor, "So if I lift it, I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes," Thor answered, looking as calm as can be. "Of course."

Tony bent down and got a grip of the handle on Mjolnir as he said, "I will be fair but firmly cruel."

Tony put his foot on the table. With a grunt, he pulled on the hammer, resulting in it staying on the table, perfectly still. He did it a few more times, all ending in the same result before he removed the strap from his wrist.

"I'll be right back." he claimed before walking away.

Soon, he returned with on of his Iron Man gloves on his left hand. We saw it immediately as he strode up to Mjolnir.

"Good luck with that, Stark." I laughed.

Of course I knew that he couldn't lift the hammer. Thor was the only one who could because he was worthy.

The mechanical arm made robotic sounds as Tony tried to lift the hammer. Again, it resulted in nothing. And, again, that didn't stop Tony. He turned on his blasters that usually helped him fly when in his full suit.

Nothing.

Soon, Rhodey was in the mix of things.

He had on the War Machine glove, trying to help Tony lift the hammer.