Chapter 6: At Avengers Tower

"That should be everything I need." I said, stacking the two duffle bags and backpack into the trunk of the black SUV, the vehicle that basically screams government.

It felt good to be back in jeans and a regular shirt after sleeping in my destroyed suit. My mask was safely tucked into the backpack along with another suit that I had just incase the first got ripped (lucky me) and my utility belt.

"And if not, you can always come back to get something else," Logan reminded as he shut the trunk. "Now go get Stella and I'll lock up the Bunker."

We both headed inside, me heading to the garage as he turned off the lights and locked the door with the only key the Bunker had. Logan came to the city on his bike and I wasn't about to leave mine to collect dust in the Bunker's garage.

The agent driving the SUV would lead us to the Tower while we rode behind. Fury insisted that we have someone escort us there when I told him about wanting my bike.

When I drove through the tunnel the lights of the garage turned off behind me. Logan must be turning off all of the lights, not just the ones in the library and other main parts of the Bunker.

When I got topside Logan was on his bike with his helmet on and the black SUV in front of him. Giving the agent a thumbs up, he began driving to the Tower.

The Bunker was just outside of the main part of the city while the Tower was almost right in the center of it all. It didn't take that long to get to the Tower, however. Somehow, we got all of the green lights.

We drove straight into the parking garage under the Tower where other cars were stored, most of them were probably Stark's. The elevator door opened when I turned off Stella and took off my helmet.

Out walked Tony, Steve, and Dr. Banner. The Stark Spangled Banner.

I couldn't help but smile at my own joke as I thanked the agent who handed me my bags. Logan grabbed his own duffle as I walked to my new teammates.

Who would have thought that I would ever be on another team?

"Kat, it's good to see you again." Steve smiled slightly at me.

"Back at cha', Rogers." I responded, finding myself actually meaning it.

There was something about the super soldier that I liked. Maybe it was the boy next door vibe I got from him.

"Let me get those for you." he said, taking the duffles out of my hands while the backpack remained on my back.

"Oh, thanks. Just be careful not to set off the bomb in that one. It's fragile." I pointed to the bag in his left hand.

He froze in his place, the two men beside him doing the same while I felt Logan smile behind me.

"I'm joking." I spoke slowly, causing them to breathe easily.

"Kat, go easy on them. They don't know your humor yet." Logan warned.

"They'll get use to me." I smiled cryptically as I followed Logan into the elevator.

Tony pressed a button when we were all piled in the elevator, explaining different floors as we traveled upwards.

"The top floor is the penthouse where the living room, dining room and main kitchen is at, among other rooms. You're rooms are on the same level since you're family. Thought you'd like to be close. Everyone else's are on different levels for their own space. Labs are closer to the ground and the training room is in between the labs and bedrooms," Tony clarified. "If you get lost you can always get Jarvis to help find your way."