Chapter 16: The Nightclub Blues

*3rd Person's POV*

Kat straightened her dress and picked lint off of her black tights absentmindedly. Natasha and Steve sat in the front of the SUV while Loki rode in the backseat with Kat.

They were the only ones going into the club while Dr. Banner, Tony, and Logan sat in the team's van. Clint and Thor were going to be placed on the roof and alley behind the club.

Logan had kept telling Kat how he thought this was a bad idea, but she kept reminding him that they weren't going after Taylor tonight. Instead, they were tracking a man that he had come in contact with more than once who happened to own this very club.

Natasha parked in a free spot on the side of the road where other cars lined the streets. From there they walked down the street to the building with a neon sign that said, "Noch' Bandit."

"Night Bandit." Kat whispered under her breath.

"What?" Steve questioned, turning to look at her.

"Nothing." she dismissed it with a wave of her hand as they got into line for the entrance.

They had to get in to look for Taylor's accomplice and interrogate him. Kat wasn't sure if they were suppose to bring him to the Tower or do the interrogation in his own club. Natasha had said for her to follow her lead so that's what Kat had planned to do.

The line moved along quickly for them and they were being let into the club in no time. It being a Saturday night, the club was packed like a can of sardines. People were pushed up against the stage, where the DJ was, as they danced and the bar was busy with serving drinks to customers wanting to have a good time and forget the world for a little while.

Kat scrunched her nose as she spotted people making out against the walls and even in the middle of the dance floor.

'Love must be dead here. That, or they're remembering their high school days.' Kat thought as she turned her gaze from them.

Natasha caught her eyes and gave her a single nod, which Kat returned before Steve and Natasha walked towards one end of the club. Kat and Loki were suppose to cover the other end.

Kat thought about how great Natasha looked in her simple black, thigh length dress and how she looked in the wine colored one Natasha had lended her. There was no comparison in Kat's eyes, but in reality, the guys were surprised to see that she looked fantastic.

Loki couldn't keep his eyes off of her as he followed her in the crowd. He took her hand to keep track of her in the sea of people, oblivious to the slight pink color on Kat's cheeks.

They had to man the end with everyone dancing while Natasha and Steve took the bar and seated area. This meant that Kat and Loki would have to blend into the dancers.

'Relax,'  Kat reminded herself. 'This is nothing. You can dance. There's nothing to it, just go with the beat.'

But it didn't feel like nothing. Kat was nervous about looking like an idiot in front of these many people, especially since three of them were people she worked with. The DJ changed the song to one that Kat recognized, thanks to Gwen.

'Oh don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me. I said you're holding back, she said,'

Kat turned to Loki quickly as she sung along.

"Shut up and dance with me." Kat laughed as a look of horror crossed Loki's features briefly.

'This woman is my destiny...'

The song carried on as Kat sang along with the crowd that danced around them. Knowing that they needed to start blending in, Kat started dancing in what she hoped was the correct way. She moved her hips to the beat and tried to bring her shoulders into the mix as she held Loki's hand in hers still.