Chapter 20: Chit-Chat

Spring Break. Usually spent by teenagers going to the beach, hanging out with friends, maybe convincing your legal-aged older sibling to buy alcohol. But me, none of that has happened yet. So far, I've been attacked by a crazy cat man (Sabertooth), had a wall put up in my brain, hallucinated, and gotten into a fight with Scott Summers.

Did I mention that all of it happened within 24 hours?

"That laser-eyed, idiot was way out of line. I just gave him a little shoved back." I defended myself.

"Yeah, and you broke three windows, a table, and almost Kurt while doing it." Logan argued.

"I told him I was sorry."

"You did not."

"Kurt, not Summers. That imbecile doesn't deserve an apology."

"What did he even do?" Clint asked, reminding me that they were all in the living room too.

Before I could open my mouth, Logan answered.

"He expressed his opinion about a certain person."

"He called Loki a killer and kept making assumptions that he was there to hurt everyone," I fumed. "Summers wouldn't listen to anyone when they told him that Loki was good."

"We shall rally together and steal this abomination from his bed to be thrown into battle! No one insults a Prince of Asgard!" Thor declared, grabbing his hammer.

"At least Thor is with me!" I shouted at Logan as he walked into the kitchen, away from possibly being thrown out the window.

"Both of you sit down," Loki said. "Kat threw him through a window. The pest has already been taken care of enough."

Thor and I both sighed and sat back down in our seats.

"So," I began. "How's our little prisoner?"

"Put in a cell at SHIELD. He's tucked away and heavily guarded." Natasha answered, her feet kicked up on Clint's lap.

Something in Natasha's posture or the way her foot moved when I mentioned Sabertooth gave me a heads up.

"What happened?"

"What?" Natasha quirked an eyebrow.

"Don't give me that look, I know that you're not tell me something," I pushed. "What did he say?"

Natasha held my gaze, keeping her poker face up very well, I almost thought that I made a mistake when she spoke again.

"He said a few things."

"Like?"

"That you took away someone from him and that he should have killed you for it."

"Figured that would have come up." I sighed, sitting criss-crossed.

"Figured what?" By then, Logan had come out of the kitchen to join us.

"Sabertooth and Taylor."

"Wait," Tony spoke up. "What do you mean, Sabertooth and Taylor?"

"Taylor was sort of like Sabertooth's prodigy, like how I'm kind of like Logan daughter because we have similar powers. Taylor was made to be like Sabertooth." I tried to explain.

"Taylor has powers like Sabertooth?" Dr. Banner clarified.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" Tony almost yelled.

"It sort of slipped my mind." I shrugged.

"How could it slip your mind?" Steve asked.

"It's been years since I last saw him, I don't keep a diary of people I don't like and everything about them!"