Chapter 19: Hallucinations

*3rd Person's POV*

Professor Xavier led Loki to an empty bedroom where Kat could rest and let the wall settle in her mind.

"She should be awake within the next hour." Professor X spoke up as Loki gently placed Kat on the bed.

"Hopefully she will adjust to the wall well." Loki slipped off Kat's shoes and placed them by her bed.

"If she's as stubborn as I remember, it's the wall that will have to adjust to her."

Loki silently agreed as he pulled up the blanket to cover Kat. He snuck on last glance at her to make sure she was comfortable before turning back to the Professor, who was smiling knowingly.

"What?" Loki questioned.

"You love her." It wasn't a question.

Loki made a noise of protest and opened his mouth as the Professor held up his hand.

"Don't bother lying to a telepath. Even though I haven't poked in your head I know your feelings for Kat," the Professor let him take this in before speaking up again. "I won't tell anyone, Loki. It's not my place."

"Well, it's nice to finally meet someone who is civil and understands the word 'personal'." Loki almost smiled.

"Come, we should let her sleep." the Professor turned and left the room, Loki trailing after him.

*Kat's POV*

Opening my eyes, I found myself in an unrecognizable room, but something to it seemed familiar. Right, I was in the X-Mansion getting my head played with.

Rubbing my eyes, I sat up to collect my thoughts about what happened and how I got here. I noticed the blanket covering me and shoes by the bed and smiled to myself. Logan or Kitty must have done it.

Loki.

Maybe Loki did this since no one but him and the Professor were allowed in the room. It felt intimate having him taking off my shoes and tucking me into bed. We've had to share a bed before but this felt different somehow.

Pushing those forbidding thoughts away, I moved the blanket and reached for my shoes. After slipping them on I stood from the bed, ready to seek the Professor and Loki out for them to check the wall. Something stopped me. A feeling that bloomed in my chest that was a mixture of happiness and longing, if that was possible.

Instead of going for the door that led to the hallway, I went to the ones that led to the small patio. I don't know why but it felt right to just walk on the patio and jump from the second story room. I hit the ground and rolled, making sure the impact didn't harm me before getting up. Injuries that would heal soon were the only things I had to deal with.

I began my track into the forest behind the mansion, not knowing what I was leading myself to. I stumbled over the roots of trees, only to catch myself at the last second. It only hit me how much the others would worry when I reached the middle of the forest and stopped.

It was like I stepped into another world. The sky was no longer blue, but black and filled with planets that hadn't been there before. Looking back at the scene around me I saw the destruction of a civilization in the place of trees.

A stone palace that you would see in Scotland or Ireland was in the middle of it all. People running in and out of it like it was their command center. I couldn't help myself, I ran in.

The inside was beautiful, contrasting greatly with what was going on outside. People ran in all directions, opening and closing doors with arms full of supplies or holding people on homemade gurneys.