Chapter 28: Warrior Wolf

*Kat's P.O.V.*

My feet were kicked up on Logan's bed as I read the book placed in my lap. I was sat in a chair between Logan and Oliver's beds, making sure to keep a close eye on both of them during their recovery. We had only retrieved them last night but I wish that they would wake up already.

A hand appeared over my shoulder, offering a cup of coffee. I gladly took it, smiling up at Clint as I did so.

"Thank you." I closed my book and placed it on the night stand before standing.

I stretched and rolled my neck, getting the out kinks put there from sleeping in a chair. My catsuit was rumpled from sleeping in it and my boots were halfway zipped.

"Why don't you go shower and get some rest? I'll watch over them and make sure they're okay." Clint proposed.

Shooting him a disapproving look over my coffee, he walked towards me.

"You need to let yourself relax. We got them back, go take care of your body."

"How can I relax when Taylor is still out there and my family is still unconscious? If anything, I should be looking for him and the Elves. Who knows what they're up to right now." I stated angrily.

"Is that what Logan would want you to do? Run around until you can barely stand on your feet? What about Oliver? When he wakes up do you think he would want you healthy or making yourself sick with worry?" Clint said firmly, yet softly. "I know that they wouldn't want you to be doing that. Now go sleep, shower, and put something in your stomach."

I stared at him for a minute, "Boy, I'd hate to be one of your kids."

"I'm not even surprised that you know about them." Clint said, pointing to the door. "Go."

"Okay, okay. I'm going. Don't get your quiver in a bunch."

After that I left the room and headed to my floor to do as Clint had told me. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. Logan would have been yelling the same thing at me if he were awake. But he's not.

Shaking that thought out of my head I showered and changed into my comfiest sweatpants and tank top. I closed the heavy curtains in an attempt to shield myself from the afternoon sun. I plopped down on my bed, letting my eyes close and sleep welcome me.

*********

I jumped up at the sound of crashes coming from over my head.  After a few seconds of thinking that I had imagined it another crash came. I jumped out of bed and ran towards the door, opting for the stairs rather than the elevator.

I came face-to-face with the scene of Steve and Nat fighting...a wolf? Steve threw his shield to Nat, who snatched it from the air and used it to block the wolf from hitting her. The huge, black wolf fell on its back, only to get back up and run for Dr. Banner. He was trying to stay out of it to keep the Hulk at bay. With every step the wolf took towards him the greener he got.

Quickly I grabbed the closes thing to me, which happened to be a lamp, and ran to put myself between them. The wolf finally noticed me and growled. Narrowing my eyes, I held my ground and, to everyone's surprise, growled right back. The wolf stopped mid-step and watched me cautiously.

"Back." I ordered, motioning with the lamp.

It did as I said, sitting down when it got far enough. Nat went to move for Dr. Banner and it growled at her.

"Hey!" I warned, making it snap its head back at me. "No."

The wolf nodded. Like, actually nodded! As if it could understand me. I put the lamp down on a near by table and walked slowly towards the animal.