Chapter 13: A Hero's First Day

Not long after waking up from my dream, I walked into the dining room in the penthouse. We were suppose to have a meeting during breakfast to make sure Loki and Steve knew everything they needed to. Dr. Banner was the only one sitting in the dining room with a newspaper in his hands.

"Morning." I spoke up first, announcing myself.

"Good morning," he responded, looking up to greet me. "You're up early."

"I've been sleeping for the past day, I think I've had enough for a while."

"Are you sure you're alright going back this soon? Some people take at least a week to recover from how much was in your system."

"Drugs have never played by the rules with me. Most of them don't work." I assured him, bringing my orange juice to my lips.

"Why not?"

"My metabolism works too fast for them. They can't keep up with it," I shrugged my shoulders. "It's a good advantage."

"Well, I was able to pick up a sample of the drug from your shirt." Dr. Banner started, folding the paper and setting it on the table in front of him.

"And?" I pressed.

"And I haven't been able to identify it yet. Tony and Jarvis are going to help out today while we're at the school."

"All I know is that it was a super version of chloroform," Then added as an afterthought. "If you find out what it is will you tell me the side effects?"

"Of course. Why?"

Before I could answer, more people began to enter the dining room. When they came, they brought the noise with them.

"I'm hungry." Clint muttered, rubbing his stomach.

"Well, if we're leaving at eight, then eat now." Natasha told him, sitting in a seat over from Dr. Banner.

Thor and Tony were mumbling about something that I couldn't catch most of. I gave up, not wanting to intrude on their conversation anyway. Logan came in quietly, the only one doing so.

"Where are the other two?" I questioned, noticing Steve and Loki's absence.

"Probably getting ready for their first day." Dr. Banner answered.

"It only seems like yesterday that our boys were just learning about Earth technology." Tony gushed, like a parent would about their child going to Pre-K.

"That was yesterday." Clint told him, wearing a smirk to match Tony's.

"Very funny." Steve said as he stood in the door.

He wore a simple white T-shirt and khaki pants with tennis shoes. He was still handsome and I found myself wondering if the girls would flirt with him.

Possibly.

"I figured that I should look casual, try to blend in." Steve shrugged, taking a seat.

"Good idea." I complemented.

"When is Reindeer Games going to get here?" Tony asked.

"You really need to stop calling me that." Loki said, answering Tony's question as he entered the room.

He was wearing a three piece suit. He looked like he was going to have dinner with the royal family. The corner of my mouth tugged upwards as I studied him.

Not bad. He looks really good. Except...

"Come here." I instructed, standing to meet him in the middle.