Chapter 24: Jail Break

*3rd Person's POV*

The agent walked down the corridors of SHIELD HQ. He walked with purpose, pretending that he belonged among the crowed hallway of agents rushing back and forth between assignments. He made a sharp turn down a much emptier hallway, sliding his card to gain access to the room behind the door that stood in front of him. Smirking when the red light turned green, he walked through the now opened door.

Sabertooth was sat on the other side of the, practically, indestructible wall when the stranger enter the room. He looked up to meet brown eyes that flashed yellow then back to brown. Sabertooth was on his feet, sharing the same smirk as the stranger.

"About time," he growled. "Do you know how long I've been here?"

"He thought you could use some time to think about getting caught." the stranger answered, pulling a small, circular device out of his back pocket.

Sabertooth didn't respond, knowing that he would be left here if had said what he wanted to. The man placed the device on the wall, stepping back after he pressed the button in the middle. Sabertooth backed up too, shielding himself as the explosion went off.

"We have to make this quick, before the cameras come back on and they realize you're gone." the man stated, opening the door.

"As long as we get out of here, then get Howlett and her groupies."

"Groupies?" the man questioned, looking over his shoulder at Sabertooth.

"The Avengers." he hissed.

"Like the Avengers will ever find us."

"It's not them I'm exactly worried about."

Sabertooth was more afraid of the 18 year old girl than anyone else, based on her and her families history. But he wasn't about to admit that.

***************

Logan cursed loudly, causing Kat to jump and almost fall over her own feet. She caught herself just in time, but she couldn't say much for the popcorn she spilled all over the carpet. It was movie night at the Tower.

"Dang it," Kat fumed as one of Tony's bots came to clean it up. "Thanks, Dum-E."

Kat looked over to where Logan had just stormed into the living room, "What's wrong now? Alien invasion? Been there, done that."

"Sabertooth's been bused out." Logan informed.

"I'm getting my suit on." Kat stated, running out of the room, everyone going to do the same.

****************

Kat, Logan, Loki, and Bruce were all standing in the control room, watching the recording from the jail break. Who ever had broken Sabertooth out tried to disarm the cameras but their back up's kicked in right after. Natasha, Clint, Tony, and Steve had gone out to search the area nearby and parts of the city that they could have escaped to.

"The man was 5'11", brown hair and eyes, and taking the place of an agent." Fury described.

"Taking the place?" Bruce questioned.

"Yes. The agent in question is half way around the world with about 20 eyewitnesses that he was there the time of the escape."

"So we're lookin' for a shape-shifter." Logan stated.

"Or an illusionist." Loki pointed out.

"Before anyone says anything, Loki was accounted for during the time frame." Kat spoke harshly, daring anyone to go against her.

"We know that it wasn't him, Miss. Howlett," Fury assured her. "But whoever it was must be close to Sabertooth. Do you two have any ideas on who it could have been?"