Chapter 22: One and the Same

*3rd Person's POV*

After Kat went slack in Loki's arms, he wrapped one of his arms under her legs and kept the other firm on her back. Loki turned to Logan.

"Did you hear her?" he asked.

"I'll drive the bike back." Logan responded after nodding to Loki.

Logan drove behind the van on the bike, like he said he would, while everyone was piled in the huge contraption. Loki held Kat in his lap, no room to lay her on the seats. Everyone was thinking about today's events and what the Beast had said while Loki just thought about the kiss.

He hadn't done anything, he just stood there as the Beast kissed him forcefully until the pressure softened when Kat took over again. It wasn't the first time they had to kiss, the first time being at the club. But did it count as a second? It wasn't even Kat. The first time was because she had to in order not to get caught.

This girl confused him and he felt like she would be the end of him.

***************

Kat was standing, but she didn't know how to explain where she was. The only thing that came to her mind was white. Everything was white, as if she had been trapped inside a blank sheet of paper. She turn in a circle, trying to see if everything was the same. When she had turned 360 degrees, she came face to face with a wolf.

It had a fluffy white and grey, almost silver, coat of fur and bright blue eyes. Kat had never seen this wolf but she had immediately put a name to it.

"Beast." Kat had said, almost in a polite greeting.

If Kat didn't know better, she would have said that the wolf had grinned. The story of Little Red Riding Hood had popped into her mind. As if on cue, the white around them being replaced with a forest scene, corresponding with Kat's thoughts.

Interesting.

Kat stopped studying the forest to turn back to the Beast. Did her mouth move?

No.

How was she communicating with Kat without talking?

I can still hear your thoughts and you can hear mine.

"How fun," Kat replied sarcastically before throwing her arms around her. "Where are we?"

Your head.

"How? Why?"

It's like dreaming, but you're aware of it. Plus, we need to talk on common ground and without the others interrupting.

"What about?" Kat was oddly calm about this as she sat on the forest floor, the grass as soft as she had imagined it.

Everything.

Kat watched as the Beast walked forward and sat infront of her. This was her chance to gain a better understanding of the Beast, herself, and everything that had been happening lately.

"Okay, first of all, what was with the whole taking my body for a joy ride?"

It was the only way I could make you see that I'm not as horrible and awful as you think.

"So you took my body for a spin around the city?"

You act like I committed a crime.

"Not a crime, but invasion of privacy."

You want to talk about privacy? I'm inside your head.

"Can you get out?" Kat asked sincerely, actually curious about it.