Chapter 25: The Asgardian King

*Kat's POV*

"Well, it's about dang time!" Tony suddenly shouted.

I remained on my place on the couch with a book in hand. It wasn't unusual for Tony to be this dramatic. I normally ignored it, everyone did. But I guess today was not one of those days, because everyone had removed themselves from their seats to walk to where Tony was shouting from.

"What is it now?" I questioned. "A drunken cat? Or is it a pigeon this time?"

"It is nice to see you too, Lady Katherine." Thor's voice boomed, causing me to shut my book and shoot up from the couch.

"Thor!" I shouted happily once my eyes had been placed on the missing Avenger.

I hugged him, being picked up off the ground like I usually am with these sorts of hugs. Thor hugs were the best.

"How is Asgard?"

"Asgard is fine," he smiled as he put me down. "But I think it is my parents you are more interested about."

"You know me so well." I joked, but really wanting to know what the next step in our plan is.

"Once the situation was explained and questions were answered, all was fine."

"Alright," Loki crossed his arms. "What really happened?"

Thor's smile deflated slightly.

"Mother is prepared and excited to meet you, but Father has his doubts."

"Of course he does," Tony states matter-of-factly. "He's the older, more white Fury."

"Well," I started, ignoring Tony (as always). "It wasn't like I was expecting Odin to open his arms and kingdom to a complete stranger and possible lair."

"We leave for Asgard immediately." Thor announced.

"Right now?" I questioned.

I hadn't expected for us to go so quickly. Do I pack? How long will we be there? Holy fudge! What do I wear?! I'm meeting a king and queen, surely there was a dress code.

"Yes," Thor stated. "Time passes differently in Asgard, so we should go right away to avoid time shifts there and on Earth."

I merely nodded, figuring that time shifts were like time changes when you flew to different time zones.

"Do I wear this? Should I look more fancy? Maybe I should brush my hair. Is traveling to other worlds hectic? Maybe I should put my hair up. And take motion sickness medicine, just in case."

So many things were coming out of my mouth that I thought I started speaking another language. I probably did from the looks on everyone's faces.

Thankfully, Natasha acted as my savior and pulled me away from the group, excusing us for a moment. We rode down in the elevator to my room, Natasha not letting go of my hand all the way there, until we walked in my room. She sat me down on the bed, walking to my closet.

"What are you doing?" I asked, dumbly.

My head was still upstairs with everyone else.

"Finding you a different outfit. I don't think that basketball shorts will cut it with Asgardians."

Looking down at my wardrobe choice, I realized that she was right. They were expecting a princess and I looked like I had just woke up. Thank God for Natasha Romanoff.

"Here."

She tossed my best pair of jeans and a nice, silky shirt at me. I caught it as she pulled out a belt a pair of riding boots out of the closet as well.