Chapter 10: Training and Parties

Warning: There are some Age of Ultron spoilers in here. Only something from the party scene, which isn't a big spoiler. Just wanted you guys to know:-)

********************

Throwing my backpack on the floor, I belly flopped on my bed, making me bounce slightly. Tiffany and her cronies had struck a nerve of mine during P.E. How come my adoptive father never came to PTA meetings like the other parents? Why did my real parents leave me? I couldn't tell her that I've never had real parents.

Technically, I wasn't even born.

Basically, my file said I was grown in a test tube. But I couldn't tell anyone that because they would find another name for me besides freak.

There was a knock at the door, cutting off my thoughts.

"Come in!" I shouted, lifting my head of a second before my face was buried back into the comforter.

The door opened and I could hear someone walk into my room.

"Um, Kat?" Steve asked cautiously.

"What?" I questioned, not moving.

"We have training today." he reminded me.

Fury said that each of the Avengers would be teaching me something. One reason so we could build trust in each other and the other was to make sure I was experienced in each area, even if it was a small amount.

Moving to look at Steve, I rested my weight on my elbows.

"What are we doing?"

"Get dressed for a workout and meet me in the training room in ten minutes." he answered before leaving.

"Awesome," I said to no one. "I'll get right on that."

After deciding on a basic black tank top and leggings that stopped under my knees, I found myself in the training room with two minutes to spare. Cap was standing in a boxing ring with pad in his hands. He looked up when I walked in.

"Wrap your hands and come over here." he ordered.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail before wrapping my hands and stepping into the ring. Steve slid the pads onto his hands as I stood in front of him.

"We're going to work on your punches. After I think you've got handle on them then I'll try to hit you and you'll dodge. Got it?"

"Got it." I confirmed, bringing my fists up as I took a fighting stance.

He began to call out punches for me to do like left jab, right jab, hook, and straight punch. Steve would sometimes stop to give me advice to make my punches stronger or how I should keep a certain posture while while punching. We moved on to dodging half an hour later.

"Left jab," Steve commanded.

I did, following it with a dodge as Steve moved to hit me with a pad. He had landed a few hits on me when he tricked me by making me think he was going to hit me then he actually did. His hits were like taps since this was just practice.

We kept at it for a while, stopping when I felt sweat on the back of my neck and my hair falling out of place. Steve ditched the pads, throwing them on the floor next to the ring. He reached into his pocket and pulled out bandages to wrap his knuckles.

"Time to spare." he stated as he finished wrapping his hands.

We began by circling the ring, both of us trying to decide when to make the first move. He ended up throwing a straight punch at me. Dodging it, I grabbed his wrist and moved so I was holding his arm against his back.