chapter eighteen

( it is 4am please forgive any mistakes. this isnt edited )

Michael

"Come here, kitten." Michael hummed, pulling Luke on to his lap and resting his forehead on his shoulder blade. "Jus' wanna hold you."

"So, are you doing anything for Halloween?" Luke asked and Michael shook his head.

"No, but the weekend after my friend is throwing a party. Do you want tk come with me?" Michael asked, resting his hands on Luke's bare thigh. "Ashton and Calum might go too."

"Do I know your friend?"

"No. He's an old homie from back in San Francisco. His name is Iain." He answered simply, kissing Luke's exposed shoulder blade. "Please come?"

"I don't know. My mom and dad aren't very happy with me right now..." Luke trailed off, and Michael could feel him playing with his fingers. "I don't want to make them mad again."

"I can sneak you out." Michael hummed and Luke was silent. "You go on midnight runs anyways, it's alright. Just say you're going to stay with Ashton."

"They don't like Ashton that much, because he's ace and likes art. They call him weird and broken because who doesn't want sex?" Luke sighed and Michael frowned a bit. "They only like Calum because he's that straight stereotypical guy who likes sports and will talk about girls like a 'normal' boy."

"That's bullshit."

"Yeah, my family is bullshit." Luke agreed, and Michael knew the blonde needed a subject change soon.

"So the party, what are you going to tell them?" Michael asked, wanting to make sure they got their stories straight.

"I'll say I'm staying with Calum. Last time I said I was hanging out with Ashton, when we went on our date, they grilled me about what he told me and what we did because they didn't want me any 'gayer' than I already am." Luke told him and Michael nodded.

"If it helps, you can be as gay as you want, as long as it's with me. After all, I am your boyfriend." Michael grinned cheekily and Luke laughed loudly.

"Maybe." He agreed and Michael shook his head. "My dad leaves at eight and doesn't come home until nine in the morning. Sometimes it's the other way around. So we can leave around nine at night maybe."

"Guess who's getting snuck out." He sang and Luke laughed as Michael thought about the party some more. "You know, I think I'm going to be a vampire, an excuse to wear my normal clothes and a cape." Michael laughed and Luke hummed.

"I'm probably going to make Cal choose an outfit for me."

"He's gonna say some gay ass Disney shit." Michael snorted as Luke nodded, not disagreeing with him at all. "Woody and Buzz."

"He'd say Jessie and Woody." Luke corrected and Michael nodded as he buried his face into Luke's bare side. "Why are you so cuddly right now?"

"I don't know. I just want to hold you for awhile, leave me alone." Michael huffed and Luke twisted his body so he was sitting sideways on Michael's lap.

"Gimme a kiss."

"What do we say?"

"Can I please have a kiss, please oh please great and mighty Michael?" He asked and Michael kissed his cheek. "Not there!"

"Here?"

He kissed Luke's shoulder, and the younger boy shook his head as he pouted. "I'll call you daddy if you give me a kiss on the lips." He bargained and Michael mentally wishes the kid didn't know about his kink.

"I'll make you call me daddy even if I don't kiss you." Michael scoffed, but still placed a kiss on his soft lips as he wrapped his arms around his waist. "You're so cold, baby."

"I don't have a shirt on, maybe that's why?" Luke laughed and Michael rolled his eyes as he picked Luke up. "Shit, you're gonna drop me-"

"Probably." He admitted before laying him down on his bed. "Fuck, I gotta hit the gym soon." He huffed before pulling his jacket off.

He laid down beside Luke and the younger boy pulled a blanket over him. "Let me see your phone." Luke made grabby hands towards the and Michael unplugged it before unlocking it.

"What for?"

"I'm making a playlist."

"You're so gay, I love it." Michael teased, letting Luke lay his head on his chest as he watched the seventeen year old open up the Spotify app.

"I'm more of a SoundCloud kind of person, but I think I can find some good songs on here too." Luke hummed and Michael began playing with his soft curls.

"Make sure you put November Rain on it."

"How could I forget it?" Luke asked and looked up at Michael briefly, giving him asked smile. "You never did tell me why you love that song so much."

"My birthday's in November, so that kind of helps fuel my love for it. It's just a good song and I love it a lot." Michael laughed and Luke chuckled.

"Also because there's a lot of people I've uh, lost and drifted apart from. Lovers and friends seemed to disappear, and the most important ones happened in November, or really close to it. I just jam the loss of several people into one song and one month, just one so I don't have to spend the rest of the year sulking and asking myself what the fuck I did wrong." He explained as then folded an arm underneath his head.

"It's the song that kind of gets me going, you know? It kind of helps me slowly get over those people and helps me realize that sometimes it's good to be alone. If you're not happy with yourself, how can you be happy with other people, you know?" He asked and Luke nodded. "I came out on my fifteenth birthday, and it was a shitstorm that I wish never happened."

"I'm so sorry to hear." Luke apologized and Michael almost couldn't hear him as his fifteenth birthday replayed in his head.

"It's just... it's so hard when your parents would trade you in for someone else, but if you're given the chance, you wouldn't trade them in for the world."

Michael felt a tear fall down his cheek and he wiped it away as quick as it fell. "November is just a bad month, and the song just makes it better. So... so much better." He shook his head and Luke shifted so they were facing each other. "I'm crying."

"It's okay, we all cry." Luke smiled softly, wiping away his tears. Michael gently held his hand, fingers curling around his, and they shared a quick kiss. "I should have never asked."

"I shouldn't have such a shitty life." Michael countered, and Luke chuckled half-heartedly. "Just means you're going to have to come and cuddle me when I'm crying. Beware, I become a little spoon then."

"It's okay," he laughed and they looked into each other's eyes. "I'll hold you and cuddle you, don't worry about it."

"I could marry you right now, I swear." Michael joked and Luke smiled.

"Maybe later, we're still seventeen." He laughed and they shared another kiss before talking about their favourite songs.