chapter nine

Luke

He straightened the collar out on his denim jacket, the frayed edges and torn fabric revealing his plain white t-shirt. It wasn't even his actually, it was Michael's, and he was slightly on the edge about wearing it since they haven't known each other long.

He won't mind, his mind told him as he fixed a beige hat on his head, a red rose embroidered into it.

"Luke, you have ten minutes!" His mom shouted from the kitchen. His eyes widened and he grabbed the two bags on his bed before shoving his phone in his pocket.

"Coming!"

He ran downstairs, his matching beige boots slamming against the floor as he headed to the kitchen. He grabbed his bagel and then kissed his mom's cheek. "See you soon, mommy. Love you." He smiled and she nodded.

"See you when you get home, babe." She told him and he immediately headed towards the door.

Luke shut it behind him and then shivered as the cold air ran across his body. He found Michael in his garage, except he had an acoustic guitar instead of his electric out. It was possibly the prettiest guitar he's ever seen in his life, just like Michael was the cutest boy he's ever seen, and he has met the Harry Styles.

"Mikey!" Luke called and the boy looked up. "Oh..." He murmured, noticing Michael's attire was much more relaxed than before; a white long sleeved shirt, patched and torn black jeans, his dirty black and white Vans, and a black beanie.

Luke was obsessed with the look, and he thought Michael looked like a huge cuddly bear. He just wanted to hold him and be held by him.

"Heya' flower," Michael called and smiled as Luke walked up to him. "Is that my jacket?" He asked as his tongue ran across his lips, his eyes running up and down Luke's frame.

"Possibly."

"Looks good on you. I dig it."

Luke blushed and handed the boy his backpack, which was actually kind of heavy. "You left this at my house the other day." He mumbled as Michael put his guitar away.

"Thanks babe." Michael hummed as Luke shifted slightly. "So, how are those boots working out for you?"

"They uh fall a lot." Luke admitted since they ended right under his thighs. "Kinda irritating, but they're cute."

"It's cause they're not even laced up. Come here." Michael laughed, but Luke didn't move. Instead, Michael got on his knees and began working on the tan laces.

Luke's breath was caught in his throat, and he felt himself grow nervous and slightly turned on as he stared down at Michael. His head was right by his private area and he could see the tilt of the boy's lip as he bit his bottom lip tightly between his teeth.

He didn't know what exactly he wanted, but he knew it wasn't for Michael to be tying the top laces of his boots.

"Why are you so tense? Calm down babe, I'm not going to bite." Michael snickered as he looked up at him Luke. Those gorgeous fucking emerald eyes that Luke was falling hard for.

"Why are you so... close?" Luke asked quietly, his voice shakey and unsure as Michael slowly stood up. Luke surely didn't miss the drag of his hands on his hips or waist, and he felt his cheeks redden even more than he thought was possible. "Are you into me?"

"Fuck, didn't know I'd have to nearly suck your dick for you to see it." Michael snickered before pulling Luke closer by his jacket. "Are you into me?"

"Maybe..." Luke trailed off, smiling slightly as Michael's lips curled upwards into a matching grin. "Are you going to kiss me now?"

"If you stop asking me dumb, and clearly obvious, questions." Michael rose an eyebrow and Luke nodded quickly, immediately growing slightly embarassed by his never ending dialogue.

"Kiss me."

Before Michael's lips could meet his own, they heard the sound of their bus pulling up to Luke's house. "We can't be late now, can we, flower? Let's go." Michael teased him and Luke's eyes widened.

"Wh - What? No, no Michael you can't just... I'll call Calum to pick us up, please." Luke whined as the older boy went to walk away. "Mikey please."

"That desperate for me to kiss you, princess?" He asked and Luke felt red and embarrassed as he realized just how desperate he may have seemed by begging the way he did.

"I -I just... you're -"

"Shh," Michael hummed, wrapping an arm around Luke's waist and pulling him close - close enough for their chests to be pressed against one another's. "Do you want a kiss, beautiful?"

"Yeah, yeah I do, Mike. Please?" Luke asked and Michael leaned forward, pressing his lips against Luke's gently.

Luke's eyes fluttered shut at the pressure of their lips against each other's, and he held on to Michael tightly as that giddy feeling filled his stomach. It ran up his spine and swam through his veins as he felt Micbael grip him tighter, pulling him closer, if it was even possible at this point.

Luke's fingers curled around Michael's biceps, the older boy's fringe tickling his face slightly. The stubble he sported also itched his skin, but he didn't mind it because it looked hot and Michael's lips were so soft that he almost didn't feel the prickly hairs.

They didn't pull away until they were out of breath, both of them panting slightly and finding goofy grins on their other's face. Emerald green met a diamond blue shade, a mix of emotions swirling in their light eyes that neither could depict.

"Well... seems like the bus left us..." Michael trailed off, and Luke laughed as he looked down at his boots before looking back at Michael.

"So that's what's on your mind after we just kissed for like an entire minute?" Luke asked and Michael shrugged.

"Well no, but I'm not sure if you're ready to hear what I'm about to say. Can't date a dead boy after all, can I?" He teased and Luke had the same giddy feeling in his stomach, the excitement and nerves making him unable to stand still.

"Well, what's on your mind?" He asked, trying not to bounce around as Michael scratched the back of his neck.

"Well... it may sound crazy but, here's what I'm thinking: me, you, a reservation for a restraunt down on the river about an hour away at six, a playlist full of indie and pop-punk, and maybe you inside of my sweater, maybe, if you get cold." Michael announced and Luke was more excited now than he's ever been.

"I think I like the sound of that." He smiled and Michael nodded. "When are you free?"

"Whenever you are, flower." He hummed and Luke throught about it. "This Saturday?"

"Yeah, that'd be great." Luke nodded and his eyes dropped to Michael's lips. "I'm excited."

"So am I." He chuckled and then checked his phone. "Better call Calum now, school starts in five minutes."

"Alright." Luke chuckled and pulled his own phone out as he let Michael hold him.