chapter seven

Luke

"Look what my friend made me in art class!" The blonde exclaimed as he sat down at the table with Calum and Michael. "Isn't it pretty?"

"That's sick." Michael gasped as Luke shook the handmade snowglobe. "The figurine even looks like you."

"I know!" Luke smiled excited as he gently shook the object. Thick shimmering pieces of pale pink, white, and silver filled the globe, and he watched them all fall to the bottom as he admired it.

"Was it Ashton?" Calum asked and Luke nodded his head.

"Wait? Irwin?" Michael asked and the two juniors looked at him. "Hey, he's in my math and history class. Isn't he a senior?"

"Yeah," Calum answered as Luke occupied himself with the snowglobe. "We're friends cause' the dude stood up for Luke after some kids made fun of him."

"What? That's bullshit." Michael commented, staring at Luke with soft eyes. "Who could make fun of you? You're this adorable ball of sunshine and flowers-"

"-But I am also a teenage boy who wears pink denim jackets and uses a flower clip to keep his hair out of his face." Luke reminded as he set the globe down on the lunch table. "It's whatever now. I love myself, and those who don't love me are missing out."

"Confidence goals." Calum snickered and Michael agreed as he picked up a french fry. "Slide, man."

"Take one." Michael shrugged and then looked behind Luke. "Ash!"

Luke turned around, and sure enough, the dorky senior was walking over in his green flannel, black jeans, and brown boots. "What are those glasses?" Calum scrunched his nose up and Ashton held up the coloured frames.

"They're my glasses, and help me see shit." Ashton smiled and looked at Luke. "Do ya' like the globe? I would have given it to you sooner, but it was a project for my art class."

"You mean you don't just draw circles and 3D shapes?" Michael gasped and Ashton shook his head, his curls falling in his face. "What the fuck?"

"There's different levels of art." Ashton reminded as Luke shook the globe once again. "I can't draw at all, but I can paint and create things like that. I made that globe for class, and I got high marks on it."

"Wait, how do you and Mikey know each other?" Luke asked the question that's been bugging him.

"Michael just told us they had classes together." Calum laughed and Luke's eyes widened.

"Did you? I'm sorry. I was playing with this." Luke apologized as he stared at the figurine. "It even has my little white flower clip!"

"You're adorable." Michael chuckled and Luke met his eyes. "It's fine though. Don't worry about it."

"How did the artsy, overly-bubbly kid befriend the sassy, slightly loud mouthed kid?" Calum asked and Luke hit his arm as he rested his head on his fist.

"That's mean." Luke pouted and his best friend shrugged slightly. Luke didn't think Michael was loud mouthed, and he didn't think Ashton was overly bubbly.

"Easy, Michael talked about guitar, and I talked about drums." Ashton grinned and Michael nodded. "We're starting a bum ass garage band-"

"-That plays shitty Blink and All Time Low covers." Michael finished and Calum snorted.

"Really? You'll probably just play November Rain on repeat." He teased and Luke pouted when Michael rolled his eyes.

"Honestly, I can play more songs! I just always practice that song before I do anything else. Then I end with it... and sometimes I play it in the middle." Michael listed, and Luke nodded.

"He's not lying. He does play it at least three times." The blonde confirmed as he looked at Michael with admiration. "He also plays like... Led Zepplin, Green Day, The Romantics, and a lot of other good bands."

"Do you even listen to those bands?" Calum snorted and Luke blushed.

"I didn't know who The Romantics were until Michael started playing them, if that answers your question..." The youngest spoke and looked at the figurine again.

"Bet," Ashton snickered and Luke reached over to steal a slice of Ashton's apple. "Boy, if you don't..."

Luke stuck his tongue out at him before taking a bite of the fruit, and Ashton rolled his eyes. "Dude, come over some day." Ashton told Michael and the boy nodded.

"You come over sometime first, so I don't show up and you're like hating me because I suck." Michael laughed and Luke shook his head.

"You don't suck." He promised and Michael thanked him, the two's eyes meeting.

"I suddenly feel like a third wheel." Calum retorted and Ashton snorted.

"So I must be that fourth that tags along so you don't feel like the third wheel, even though you are and everyone knows it."

"You're so nice to me." Calum muttered and Ashton nodded as Luke found himself talking to Michael.

"You should come over after school."

"Why? So we can sit around and watch movies and cuddle to our favourite songs?" Michael brought up the writing from class and Luke's cheeks went hot.

"No... so clearly, we can eat shitty delivery food and watch movies in my room." He corrected him and Michael shook his head.

"We'll see." Michael teased and Luke nodded as he yawned quietly. "Jesus christ..." He heard Michael mumble and he hummed sleepily.

"What?"

"Even your fucking yawn is cute. Fuck you." The older boy hissed and Luke smiled as he blew a kiss at Michael.

"Um, we're still here." Ashton pointed out, waving his arm infront of the two. "Calum and Ashton. Your friends. You know, the ones you're sitting with."

"I know, I'm just ignoring you for Mikey." Luke giggled and his best friends pouted and gasped in offense. "I'm kidding, I love you both, you and Cal."

Luke closed his eyes, and then opened them when he heard Ashton and Michael talking about learning a song together. "Dude, literally, that new Harry Styles record is fucking epic. Let's play a song off of that."

"I should be ashamed that I know who you're talking about, but I bought the vynl as soon as I could." Michael laughed and Luke cut in.

"I like Harry." He announced and leaned his head on Calum's shoulder. "Calum likes Liam more."

"He's just a sexy man, and his song is more my style. Though Haz has some good stuff." Calum shrugged as he put an arm around Luke's shoulders.

"What's your favorite song, flower?" Michael asked as Luke picked at his nails, which were in need of a fresh coat of paint. The baby pink color were only spots at this point, and it kind of irritated him though he had fun picking the color off.

"Me? Oh I like uh... Two Ghosts, Kiwi, and Only Angel." Luke answered as he looked at the older boy. "Why?"

"Cause' it just so happens that Only Angel is the song I'm going to play with Ash, right?" Michael asked and Ashton shrugged.

"I don't mind." He chuckled as he looked at Luke. "You guys would be cute, just date already."

Luke buried his face into Calum's shoulder as the three older boys laughed at his embarrassment. "I mean, I don't know." Michael answered though his laughter. "Maybe we will."

Suddenly Luke hated the word maybe, and he found himself wishing that him and Michael could just kiss and cuddle already.