chapter fourteen

Michael

When they finished eating, they went walking through the candy store right across from the restaurant. They laughed and pointed at funny looking candies, and pinpointed the ones they used to eat as kids.

"My mom would buy them for me whenever I got bratty. Maybe that's why I'm so used to being spoiled." Luke laughed as he held up a small bag of Pop Rocks. "They were the drugs of my childhood."

"I liked jawbreakers." Michael admitted as he rested his chin on Luke's shoulder. "I was edgy and angsty even as a six year old. The only way to keep me quiet was to shove a jawbreaker in my mouth so I could put all my time and energy into making it shrink so I can bit it."

Luke laughed and Michael kissed his cheek before walking away. They heard the cashier laugh, and Michael grabbed as few bags of rainbow gummies. "Look, if I was a candy." Michael chuckled and Luke rushed over.

"They have coloured gummies for each sexuality? I want one of each." Luke gasped as he looked through them. He grabbed a rainbow one and Michael picked up another rainbow one. "Gay."

"Well, I am, and so are you." Michael teased and Luke leaned forward. They shared a kiss and Luke laughed lightly as he leaned his head against Michael's shoulder. "Are you getting tired already? It's only eight."

"No. I'm not tired. Your shoulder is just comfy." Luke yawned and Michael rolled his eyes. "How much are these? I'll buy them."

"Nope. That's my job, sweetheart. I asked you on a date, so I get to buy everything." Michael shook his head, taking the pack of candy from Luke.

They headed towards the register, and the boy smiled at them as he rang up the items. "Date night?" He asked and they nodded. "You guys are adorable. Have a wonderful night."

"Thank you." Luke blushed and Michael felt eyes on him as he handed the cashier money and took a small white bag from him. "Have a nice night yourself."

He nodded and the two left the large building, heading straight towards his car. He unlocked the car, and the two got inside quickly. Michael set the bag between them and then looked at Luke.

"That wasn't complete shit, was it?"

"I dunno, and I don't think it's over yet. We still have an hour to get back home..." Luke trailed off and Michael nodded as he started his car.

"Yeah. I guess you're right." He nodded and Luke leaned his head on Michael's shoulder as he pulled out of his parking space.

-

When they got back to their own city, Luke was passed out on Michael's window, his denim jacket draped over the blonde's shoulders. The heater was on aswell, since it had gotten too cold for the windows to be down.

"Hey, hey flower?" Michael asked as he parked his car in front of Luke's house. "Hey, Luke?"

Luke shifted slightly, but stayed asleep as he pulled Michael's jacket closer. "Shit, if he keeps this up, I'm not gonna have any jackets left for winter." Michael huffed as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Hey, Luke? We're at your house, babe."

"Hmm?"

"Come on, let's get you inside, flower." Michael hummed as he got out of his car. He heard the front door open, and he opened the passenger side door gently.

"Wh-"

"Shh, I got you." Michael whispered, unbuckling his seatbelt as he fell slightly. He shoved his arms underneath his legs and then picked him up. "It's alright."

"I-I'm sorry." He yawned, resting his head on Michael's shoulder. "I fell asleep on our date."

"Don't worry about it, baby. It's not like you took a nap right in the middle of our dinner." Michael laughed and then walked up to Luke's front door.

He saw Calum standing by it, and he smiled widely. "Aww, that's so cute." He laughed and crossed his arms. "Luke's mom is asleep by the way, so be quiet when you take him up there."

"Alright."

Michael walked up the stairs and Luke lifted his head a bit, pressing his lips against Michael's jaw. "Thank you for night, Mikey. I had fun." He smiled and Michael felt his heart swell.

He actually did something right for once. He did a date right for once, cause' Luke had fun on their date. He didn't hate it.

He could jump up and down and just scream right now.

"You're welcome, baby. Anytime." He assured him and then opened Luke's bedroom door. He walked in and then laid him down on his mattress, which the boy wasn't satisfied just yet.

"Cuddle?"

"Your parents doesn't know I'm here, sweetheart. I can't." Michael smiled sadly as Luke whined.

"Please! Wanna cuddle, Mikey, please?" He asked and the older boy sighed. "I'll just tell her you took me home from Ash's and fell asleep here. It's okay."

"Fine." Michael agreed reluctantly, kicking his shoes off and then putting his phone, keys, and wallet on the nightstand. "Come on, take your shoes off."

"Can you do it for me?"

"You're so spoiled." Michael laughed quietly, kissing Luke's head before untying his boots. He unzipped them shortly after, pulling them off of Luke before laying down beside him.

"Are you the little spoon or big spoon?" Michael asked and when Luke curled up, he assumed that he found his answer. "Little spoon, got it."

"Leave my makeup on. I'm too lazy to take it off." He hummed and Michael nodded.

"Alright, do whatever you want, flower." He yawned and closed his eyes. "Night babe."

"Goodnight Mikey."

Luke fell asleep quickly, leaving Michael awake in his bed with his arms around the blonde. He sighed happily, cuddling into him some more as the light switched on briefly.

"I guess you're staying the night, Mike. How about you toss me your keys so I can lock your car for ya'? The lights are on and everything."

"Here." Michael tossed him the keys, then laughed when he heard them hit the floor. "Butterfinger ass."

"Can it, queer. Just cuddle Luke and go to sleep. I'll actually probably stay the night too, so prepare for me to ask you and Luke everything about what happened tonight." Calum laughed lightly and Michael flipped him off.

"I'm not spilling anything to you, dick." Michael snorted and Calum chuckled.

"I try to be... Goodnight Mike."

"Night Cal, ya' fucking wanker." Michael told him and he heard the door close as he closed his eyes as pulled a blanket over he and Luke.

"Goodnight again, beautiful." Michael yawned and then relaxed his body as he let himself fall asleep in Luke's bed.