chapter six

Michael

As much as he hated school, he didn't entirely hate this new one. Luke was right when he said they had good intentions but funny ways of showing it, and when he said the girls were kind and sweet. Most people were kind, and most minded their own business, though some felt the need to call him a weirdo for the way he dressed.

As if he was going to be offended by a guy who wore a yellow polo shirt and white socks that went up to his knees. Honestly.

At least I don't look like SpongeBob SquarePants, he thought as he scowled at the boy. He was itching for class to be over since he had next period with Luke, and all he wanted was to see the blonde again.

His fourth period is probably going to end up being his favorite class.

He stood up with the rest of the class as the clock neared closer and closer to 10:35am. He had ten seconds, and he found himself counting them all down until it finally rang.

He rushed outside the classroom, immediately making his way down the hall to a creative writing class. It was one of his escapes from the world, and since he's already taken every music class that he thought mattered, it was his last option unless he wanted something like computer science or art. He couldn't draw to save a life and computer science seems boring, so he only had one option.

The walk was short, and anything but sweet. The people in front of him were slow as hell, and the people behind him were pushing him and complaining about him walking slow. As if he had a choice. He'd run everyone in front of him over with a bulldozer if he could.

It only took an entire hour to get to his next class, and when he got there, he saw that Luke was talking to some guy dressed in a Nirvana t-shirt and slightly ripped blue jeans. He had a few tattoos on his arms, which were folded behind his head as he pushed his chest out slightly. He seemed arrogant, and Michael approached the two cautiously, afraid he'd have to result to sarcastic and borderline offensive comments.

"I'd fuck Jack, marry Alex, and I'd kill myself after killing Zach. I'm so sorry, I can't kill any of them." He heard the unknown boy say before his brown eyes met Michael's green ones. "Um, hello?"

"Heard the names of All Time Low and thought I'd stop by. Nice choice." Michael grinned and Luke turned around in his seat. "Wanna introduce me to your friend, flower?"

"I can do it myself." The other boy interjected, crossing his arms over his chest. "You start."

"I'm Michael," the senior held a hand out to him. "Love the shirt."

"I'm Calum," the younger boy introduced himself slowly, letting the compliment slip past him. "How do you know Luke? Are you new here?"

"He's my neighbor, the one from across the street." Luke answered and smiled softly as he looked up at them. Michael thought he had the prettiest smile, but he didn't dare say it while Luke's friend was near.

After all, he could be his boyfriend, he doesn't know yet.

"Ah, the November Rain kid," Calum laughed and Michael nodded. "Say, do you know any other song on guitar?"

"I do, but I like playing that one the most. After all, November is on its way and it has some... crazy memories attached." Michael reminded him and then rose an eyebrow at Luke. "Is there anyone you didn't tell?"

"My mom and dad?" Luke smiled sheepishly and Michael shrugged.

"Alright, that's good." He chuckled and then looked around. "What seat is free? I'm not trying to get an STD from the girls."