chapter one

Luke

"Mommy," he pouted, looking at the woman who sat on the couch with a cup of coffee to her side and a book in her hands. "Can I hang out with Calum?"

"Who?"

Luke sighed, shuffling his feet as he looked towards a photo of them on the computer desk. "My best friend, Calum. You met him. He comes over a lot." Luke tried to jog her memory, but all she did was turn a page and push her rectangular glasses up.

"Sure, go ahead. Be home before dinner." Was all she told him, and he'd take that as a big, fat yes.

He ran upstairs to his room and then smiled as he shut his door, looking over his bedroom. It was a mess, but he didn't have time to fix it, or at least he didn't have the patience to fix it. So he did what any other sixteen year old teenager would do - dug this way through the mess of shoes and clothes to find something was probably only slightly clean.

He picked a fishnet bodysuit up, slipping on the delicate item before pulling black skinny jeans up his legs, only having to do a day's worth of exercise in jumping and squatting around his room so he could pull them up his thighs at round past his bum. A slightly cropped white hoodie was over his shoulders in no time, a pale pink denim jacket following since it was nearing the end of October and it was getting kind of cold in his North California home.

He slid on a pair of white and pink vans, lacing them up before grabbing his phone. He didn't spent too much time on his hair, leaving it a slight mess of curled blonde locks that may or may not need a washing tonight.

He clipped a simple white flower in his hair to keep some of his bangs out of his eyes and then he reached for the door, opening it quickly. "Cliché." He heard his mother scoff, most likely at the romance novel she was reading.

"Mommy, I'm heading out now." Luke called, walking down his wooden staircase and heading towards the front door.

"Be back before dinner." Was her only response and Luke promised that he would.

He shut the door behind him and then glanced at his flower bed and peach tree. "You guys thirsty? It's been awhile since it's rained." Luke asked the plants before unraveling his water hose.

He turned it on, quickly giving his plants a quick watering as he waited for Calum to come pick him up. He hummed a soft song to himself as a gentle breeze blew past, ruffling his thin sweatshirt and greasy curls.

As he turned his water hose off, he heard the unmistakable sound of a garage door opening. He glanced across the street, large orange and white trucks in front of the house. Three cars parked in front of it soon after, a red Ford pick up, a silver Durango van, and a black Chevrolet.

He watched in curiosity as they left the cars, twisting the knob to his his water off. A woman left the pickup truck, and a man left the van. He couldn't see who left the smallest car, but when he suddenly saw a boy with bleached white, almost silver hair, he assumed he was the driver.

He walked towards the large tree in front of his house, sitting atop an old swing as he watched the new family move in. No one's lived in the house for months, so to see people actually moving into it was quite the scene.

That boy with silver hair turned around sunglasses perched on his nose and a distressed Def Leppard tank-top covering his pale skin all while showing off a few tattoos on his arm. Jeans with more rips than The Rock himself were painted on his legs, and something was shimmering a bit in the boy's left eyebrow.

Was that an eyebrow piercing?

Luke turned away when the boy seemed to look right back at him, and he could feel his cheeks turn another colour as he slowly began to kick his legs. He glanced back when the guy had walked away, fixing a pile of bracelets on his left wrist as he went inside the garage.

Luke liked Def Leppard, and piercings, and ripped jeans, and the entire outfit the boy was wearing. This boy was literally dressed exactly like the bad boy inside of every single one of Luke's cliché dreams, and he found himself staring longingly at the house.

He wishes he'd take the sunglasses off so he could see if the boy was just as attractive as he thought. As of now, Luke could consider himself stargazed, not quite crushing on him but definitely interested in him. He wants to make sure the boy is actually a decent person before he grows feelings for him, and that he's just as hot as Luke was hoping.

He heard a honk and he jumped at the sound, nearly falling from the swing he sat on. "Hey there creep, you going to acknowledge me or what?" Luke's best friend, Calum, asked as he waved a hand. "I'm not your dream guy, but mind sparing me a second? Or few hours?"

"Oh uh, yeah, sorry." Luke apologized before jumping off of his swing. He walked towards the car, glancing every now and then and the house. He didn't see the boy, so he just got inside of the car, smiling at his best friend. "Sorry."

"New family, eh? Have they got a hot son? Is that why you're looking over there?" Calum teased as Luke buckled his seatbelt.

"Yeah. He kind of looks like the typical bad boy that I've always wanted to date." Luke answered before bitting his bottom lip, turning around to look at the house.

"Bad boys are heartbreakers." Calum tsk'ed, and Luke sighed as he nodded, agreeing with him. "Though, maybe he's the bad boy that's only good for you."

"Or maybe he's still a stranger to me and maybe he's straight as a ruler." Luke mumbled as he crossed his arms. "Have you got any idea how hard it is to be into someone who's straight? It's a fucking pain in the ass."

"I've been into my fair share of lesbians, trust me, I know it's hell." Calum agreed and Luke laughed as his best friend checked his nails, chipping off the black paint. "I was thinking we could go to the mall and buy some shit. H&M, Forever 21, and Hot Topic are all on sale currently, and they're literally our holy trinity."

"Let me get my wallet then." Luke rushed and then Calum laughed.

"Dude, we've been friends for like thirteen years now. Let me buy you a seven dollar shirt or whatever." Calum shrugged and Luke was biting his bottom lip. "If it makes you feel better, you pay me back some other time."

"Fine." Luke huffed and Calum put an arm around his shoulders as he pulled out of his street.