chapter three

Luke

"So, what do people do for fun around here?" Michael asked and Luke crossed his legs as he leaned against his desk chair.

"There's a huge mall like thirteen minutes away. Most people tend to go there." Luke answered as he racked his brain for another answer. "There's a movie theaters not too far away aswell... and some people enjoy going to the park too. I also think there's a carnival coming up, the last one before it starts getting too cold."

"I might need to head to that mall, my jeans are more ripped than I am." Michael joked and Luke laughed as he ran over the boy's outfit.

He really did look good in his skin tight jeans, black Led Zeppelin t-shirt, and denim jacket. It all just fell together like pieces of a puzzle. To mix it with his silver hair, eyebrow piercing, and wrist full of bracelets, it worked. He didn't look overly emo, and he didn't look homeless despite his torn jeans and dirty looking jacket - wasn't it supposed to look like that anyways?

Regaedless, he looked fucking good and Luke felt like he was going to sin if he didn't stop staring.

"There's a lot of sales going on about now since it's getting into the holidays." Luke brought up and Michael nodded as he folded his arms behind his head. "Where did you move from?"

"San Francisco." He answered and Luke nodded. "My dad's job actually moved him away from the bay area, so here I am."

"Oh, that's cool." Luke was unsure what to say. "What does he do?"

"Honestly? I have no freaking idea. He's just gone all day, home all night, and asleep on every day off that he has." Michael laughed and Luke smiled.

"My dad's like that too. Usually it's just my mom and I at home." Luke shrugged and looked at his suede boots.

"That school nearby, is it any good?" Michael asked and Luke's eyes flickered up to him. "I'm starting next week, and I wanna know just what the hell I'm getting myself into."

"It's not bad, but it's not the best. Most people don't mean any harm, but they have a poor way of like... showing it and wording things." He explained and Michael nodded.

"Any cute girls over there? Preferably junior or senior, I'm not a fan of dating people who are grades below me." The silver haired boy asked, and Luke felt a heavy weight on his chest.

Fuck. He's straight.

Just my luck, Luke mentally sighed, already wanting to crawl in a hole and just die.

"Yeah I mean uh..." Luke's cheeks turned red as Michael whistled at him. "They're kinda cute, I guess. If you're into girls... most are funny, sweet, all someone wants in somebody."

"Get it, Luke." Michael teased and pushed him slightly. "How old are you? Are you getting girls yet?"

"I'm uh, I'm a junior, seventeen as of July." The blonde answered, biting the inside of his cheek. "And I'm not really interested in any of the girls there."

"Why not?" Michael pressed, and Luke was looking around his room since he was unable to meet his eyes. "None of them your type?"

"Well... unless the girl was actually a guy. I'm kinda gay, like - I like guys." Luke admitted and he could have swore he saw Michael smile. A quick tilt of the lip as soon as he finished talking.

"That's a relief, I thought I'd have to keep asking about girls as if I care." Michael laughed and Luke felt that weight on his chest lift. He wiped his sweaty palms on his hands and then took a deep breath.

"What do you mean?"

"You're kinda gay, but I'm like, full-blown homo. Like I am actually shitting rainbows and crying red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple." The new boy told him and Luke can't deny that his heart nearly skipped a beat.

Maybe I actually have a chance with him, Luke thought happily as Michael smiled at him.

"The original homosexuality flag has eight colors." Luke accidentally blurted out the useless fact he's read on Instagram somewhere.

"I probably shit and cry those extra two colors then too." Michael snorted. "I was the flamer of my old school. Everyone knew I was gay."

"Did they care?"

"Let me just tell you a little secret of life," Michael hummed and Luke nodded. "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

I think I'm in love, Luke thought as he stared at the boy in front of him. Marry me.

-

The dinner was pleasant, small talk over moving and schools and work. Luke's mom only apologized once or twice for Luke dressing the was he did, and Michael's dad jokingly agreed since Michael was, "no better".

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Luke thinks he looks good, and he also thinks Michael looks good, so he couldn't be bothered to be offended by their statements. He was too busy watching Michael smile and shoot out a comment every now and then.

"This is delicious, I think God actually made this himself.

"They're only mad at me because they're short and can't reach as high up the shelves as I can."

"School was great, but I do miss my friends. You can only go so long without an idiot beside you."

With every comment Michael makes, Luke can feel himself digging further and further into that painful stage known as a crush. The phase where you like someone so much that you kind of want to smash your face into the nearest object, their face into the nearest object, but you also equally just wanna smash your face against their's.

Luke hates crushes, but he can't help it as he digs his fork into his cake and took a bite. The overly sweet frosting made his stomach hurt, but it also helped keep his mind off of the boy right across from him.

"So Michael, what do you plan on doing after high school? You're a senior, aren't you?" Andrew asked and Luke looked at the boy, who's eyes were on Luke.

"You got a little-"

Luke immediately wiped his mouth with a napkin and the older boy laughed before taking a drinking his water. "I don't look the part, but I'm planning on taking up something like engineering or architectural design. Something that has to do with building."

"That's cool. What made you decide on that?" Liz asked and Michael glanced at his parents.

"They told me I can't make a living off of playing guitar, and since I'm also good with building and designing, I decided that's second best. I wouldn't totally hate it." He laughed and Andrew chuckled.

"I'm sure you'll be good at that." He smiled and looked at Luke briefly. "I want my son to take up business school, law school even, but he's set on doing like... art was it?"

"Fashion." Liz corrected and Luke felt his face go red. "He likes fashion."

"He's very good with it." Michael's mom complimented him and Luke thanked her quietly as he took another small bite of his cake.

They continued talking about his and Michael's future line of work, and Luke looked up as Michael spoke, "Fashion, huh?"

"Architectural design, huh?" Luke mimicked and Michael shook his head as he pointed his fork at the boy.

"What can I say? I'm just good with my hands and need a way to show it." He winked and Luke wanted to scowl.

He fucking knows what he's doing, doesn't he, Luks thought as he glared slightly at the boy, who just chuckled and looked away.

Luke could kill him right now, and kiss him. He didn't know which he wanted to do more however, so he settled on mentally doing both.