chapter ten

Michael

"You're so gay." Calum snorted as he took a bite of his pizza. "Indie and pop-punk? Fuck outta here with your prissy shit. Cuddle to heavy metal and rock n roll."

"Ruins the mood." Michael commented as he sucked on a chili covered mango lollipop. He didn't know what they were called, but he liked it a lot. "Screamo kinda kills the nighttime vibe... but I wouldn't expect you to know. You're single."

"So are you. You just barely have a date with Luke on Saturday." Calum scoffed as he crossed his arms. "I hope it goes to shit."

"Thanks." Luke mumbled sarcastically as he took a drink of his water. "You're a great best friend."

"I try to be." Calum laughed as he slung his arm over Luke's shoulders. "You're cute, you know that right?"

"Duh."

Michael rolled his eyes as he swirled his tongue around his lollipop, looking over to meet Luke's gaze. He winked, sticking his tongue out and running it flat against the spicy candy. "Stop." Luke mouthed as Calum blabbered on about an upcoming concert that's only two hours away.

"Make me." Michael mouthed back, smirking slightly as he took the candy back into his mouth. "Oh yeah, I love Pierce. When are they coming?" He dragged the conversation further.

He could feel Luke's eyes on him, and he could hear the stiffled moan escape his lips when he took the candy from his mouth, only this time all the chili powder had been sucked off. Calum no doubt heard it, looking between the two.

"Shit Mike, what that mouth do?" Calum asked as he caught on to their lust full glances, and Michael waved he candy around.

"Sucks the chili powder off of lollipops..." He snickered and Luke was glaring at him. "And so much more, not that you guys need to know though. Get me drunk and I may just tell you though."

"This is getting too gay for me. Can you turn it down a notch?" Calum asked and Michael nodded.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just turn my giant ass rainbow black and white and grey for your boring ass." Michael hummed as Luke laughed as he played with his ring.

Michael saw Ashton's figure walk up to them, and he grinned. "Ash, hey. What's up?"

"Hey Mike," he chuckled as he sat down with a bag of Taco Bell in front of him. "I'm late. I went off campus to get lunch."

"We can see that, slide me some man." Calum laughed as he switched spots with Luke so he was closer. "Love you brotha'. You save my life every day."

"Thought you said to turn down the gay?" Luke rolled his eyes and Michael snorted.

"He's just sad and lonely, that's shy he gets mad." He commented and Calum pointed at him.

"Hey, you are too damn new at this table to point out the obvious shit like that. Wait a few more days, then you can make fun of me being bitter and lonely." Calum warned and he shrugged.

"How do you think I make friends? I make fun of them."

"He makes fun of me by calling me flower." Luke pitched and Michael nodded, confirming the statement.

"You are a flower," Ashton laughed as he pushed his glasses up. "And Calum is bitter and lonely."

"I'd hit you, but I'm eating your food so I can't." Calum huffed as Ashton snorted.

"Mhm, that's why."

Michael laughed at the two, shaking his head as he bit at the soft mango center of his candy. "I need to buy a fuck ton more of these."

"Vero Mango?" Luke asked and Michael nodded. "They're like fifty cents."

"They taste like a million dollars." He hummed and Luke chuckled. "These, hot cheetos, Arizona tea, pizza, and chocolate. All I need to survive are these five things."

"All you need for a heart attack attacked diabetes are those five things." Ashton scoffed and Calum agreed as Michael shrugged.

"Fuck it man, at least I'll die happy." Michael grinned and Luke shook his head as he picked at his chicken strips.

-

"So, not to be that friend, but I saw Luke wearing your jacket. Are you guys dating yet?" Ashton teased as he sat on a chair in Michael's garage, the two playing a Green Day song as they talked.

"I mean, I asked him out." Michael smiled triumphantly, proud of himself for growing the courage to ask the cute blonde on a date. "We're headed to a restraunt, and I was gonna pull something where we either go on a midnight walk or stay in a motel and go on another date the next morning."

"Dude, date me. Need me a freak like you." The senior gasped and Michael rolled his eyes. "Shit."

"You're not my type."

"What is your type? Boys who dress like girls?" Ashton asked and Michael shrugged. "Luke and I have been friends for about a year or two now, so I can make fun of him freely. But is it like a kink to you or something-"

"No, oh God no. If it was just a kink, do you think I'd be into him as much as I am? I mean, my ex had a daddy kink but I didn't go calling him daddy twenty-four seven." Michael snorted and Ashton laughed. "He's cute. Yeah I thought it was kinda strange because I don't see guys in leggings or crops tops often, but it works on him and I like it."

"You like him or his body?"

"If you think you need to worry about me hurting Luke, don't. I may be a dick, but I know how to treat somebody." Michael assured him. "Luke's cute and all, but he's also this funny and sweet kid. I like him, and have you seen his fucking eyes? Dude, it's fucking cheesy as hell, but it looks like he trapped the damn ocean in there."

"I mean, I guess. I don't stare into his eyes often. Last time I did, was to make a paint shade that accurately matched for his little figurine." Ashton shrugged.

"If you can create a shade of blue that matches his eyes, you're God." Michael tsk'ed, shaking his head as he leaned back adgainst the wall. "Man, Luke has me whipped and I just met the kid."

"Next thing you know, you're writing him ballads and throwing rocks at his window."

"Shit, if someone doesn't hit me with a stick that magically stops me from noticing just how great he is, I'll fucking write him an entire album, drum solo and everything." Michael confessed and Ashton laughed loudly.

"You're off beat just playing guitar. Please stay away from the drums." Ashton teased and Michael flipped him off before pushing his hair out of his face.

"Fuck you."

"Fuck Luke."

"I didn't know I needed your permission for that, but thanks man, appreciate it. I'll let you know when I go balls deep." Michael smirked and the older boy gagged loudly.

"Please don't. I'd rather walk in on my sister making out with a dude than hear about your sex-capades." He huffed and Michael laughed as he looked over at Luke's house.

"No promises my dear friend. No promises."